Adding front speakers - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Adding front speakers
Thursday, March 29, 2012 1:17 AM
Hey everyone I'm new, I have a 2001 Sunfire it only has two rear deck speakers and I'm looking to replace them but I was wondering if I replace my front door panels is it fairly easy to add the two front speakers ?

Re: Adding front speakers
Thursday, March 29, 2012 5:21 AM
Um what?
You care came with front speakers. They all did. Why would you need to replace the door panels to do so? It's possibly you are confused on this because the front speaker grills on those Sunfire door panels look like carpet. But there ARE(supposed to be) speakers behind there. Pop off your door panels and you will see. Previous owner might have disconnected or removed them, but you DO NOT need new door panels to install front speakers.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Thursday, March 29, 2012 8:09 PM
Thank you I was confused mainly because they do look like carpet. I checked my fade setting and tried just all in the front they must be dead. Honestly I figured from the cheap radio and only two speakers mine was a previous fleet model or something of that nature.
Thursday, March 29, 2012 10:39 PM
ha, like i said, most likely just a hack of a previous owner who roasted or removed the front speakers or messed up while wiring in a new head unit. That's how I received my current car. Previous owner put some cheap rear speakers in, never hooked up fronts etc. But I promise, if anyone here knows me, they'll tell ya, I won't keep it like that for long. Already piecing together my setup for it

Anyway, you should pop the door panels off and see if the speakers are even there, if they are, take em out and see if they're wired up.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search