01 Cavy Z24 - New Stereo Help - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
01 Cavy Z24 - New Stereo Help
Sunday, April 01, 2012 9:50 PM
Hey Guys,

I have a 2001 Cavalier Z24 and it had an older Pioneer deck when I bought it. I recently bought a cheap CD/ DVD unit Amazon Link and I am having some trouble putting it in. The trim thing with the underneath storage is not big enough. Do they sell different sizes of that? I need one that's a little bigger. Also, it's a fairly deep unit so I might need to cut into the plastic in the back. Is there anything to consider while doing this or just cut into that bad boy with a small hacksaw? Also, the Pioneer end of the harness does not fit into the back of this unit. I assume I just need to wire the new harness this unit came with to the existing adater? Thanks for any help.

Ryan

Re: 01 Cavy Z24 - New Stereo Help
Saturday, April 14, 2012 2:35 PM
Crutchfield should have the correct mounting kit, there is 1DIN, 1.5 DIN, and double DIN.

Re: 01 Cavy Z24 - New Stereo Help
Saturday, April 14, 2012 8:40 PM
Ryan Shope wrote:The trim thing with the underneath storage is not big enough. Do they sell different sizes of that? I need one that's a little bigger.

You'll just have to get one where the deck mounts flush rather than recessed. That deck's trim is oversized.

Quote:

Also, it's a fairly deep unit so I might need to cut into the plastic in the back. Is there anything to consider while doing this or just cut into that bad boy with a small hacksaw?

Consider getting an air body saw or something. Doing it by hand with suuuuuck.
Otherwise just watch out for harnesses behind. But they shouldn't be in the way.

Quote:

Also, the Pioneer end of the harness does not fit into the back of this unit. I assume I just need to wire the new harness this unit came with to the existing adater?

Correct

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search