pinouts on cluster harness - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
pinouts on cluster harness
Tuesday, April 10, 2012 9:30 AM
Does anyone have access to the pinout #'s on the back of the 98 (mechanical odometer) and 99 (digital odometer). I want to see if the pinouts are the same or different, need to replace the cluster.

Re: pinouts on cluster harness
Tuesday, April 10, 2012 1:21 PM
Taken from interior faq... From what I read here, and what I remember reading around here somewhere, you have to replace digital with digital and the mechanical with mechanical... but any cluster will work, say yours came without a tach, you can put one in with the tach in it, the wire is in the harness, just wasn't put into the original cluster.

8. Cluster swaps?
I'm not very well-versed on this subject either, but I'm gonna do my best with the information that I've found in a quick search.

First things first, 99- have a theftlock issue. Instructions here are courtesy of KickAzz98z:

KickAzz98Z wrote:

Seriously, this is the way to get around it, the theftlock must be reprogrammed, and this is how:
1. Start the car and let it die. The theftlock light will be on, DO NOT TURN THE KEY OFF, OR OPEN ANY DOORS, OR TURN ON ANY ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT. Just fold your hands under your arms and wait 10-15 minutes...
2. After the car stalls, the theftlock light will blink. wait until it stops blinking.
3. Wait 1 minute after it stops blinking.
4. Turn the key to off, wait 10 seconds, then start the car again.
You may have to do this 3 times for it to work correctly.

2000+ clusters cannot be swapped with 1999- clusters (this is due to the BCM).
You can switch through 96-98 if they are mechanical, and 98-99 if they are digital. Apparently these are plug and play, but sometimes you have to find a cluster from the same year as your car to work properly (this is a quote from a previous post).
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search