4 12s - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
4 12s
Friday, April 20, 2012 4:26 AM
getting two more 12s and gunna put them in my trunk...

so i need some help on how to make the box....

anybody have pics of their trunk with 4 12s.... post if so, need some idea

Re: 4 12s
Friday, April 20, 2012 8:12 PM
Im not an expert but maybe list off what you have, which brand of subs, how much cu ft they need? Do you want sealed or ported? box made out of MDF or a custom fibreglass install? were you planning on using the whole truck for car audio? dont need anything else back there? I seen some set ups with 2 rear facing and then one on each side facing toward the center or you could make a fibreglass box and have the subs slanted inward or something? How are your fibreglassing skills anyways. Also did you want to display your amps or have them hidden behind the seat or something?

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires
2005 Mazda 3 GS Auto- Wifes car
2006 Cobalt SS/SC - Intake, 2.5" Exhaust, GMPP Brakes, Solid Mounts, Ported S/C - Sold
1991 GMC Sierra - Lifted on 38.5" Swampers, Too much to list off. For Sale
Thursday, April 26, 2012 6:55 PM
well they are 4 12'' kicker c128's, not sure on the cu ft.... dont care weather its sealed or ported.... would like to do a fiberglass but would never get around to it.. and i would like to have some room left in the trunk ....

so i was out looking at how i could do i box and with the box i already have there is no room to put another so i looked at using what i have and came up withe the idea of using the spare tire area...
will this work, just cut holes in the cover and mount them there... what you think
Sunday, April 29, 2012 6:58 PM
a trunk, with 4 12s and a box for such, and you still want room in the trunk? that's gonna be really tough.

car audio noob since 1984.
Monday, April 30, 2012 5:12 AM
yeah i no this but im sure it can be done
Friday, May 04, 2012 5:54 AM
if you want space left over with 4-12's your not going to be going ported. how much airspace do they require sealed?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search