Adding a aux port to factory radio - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Adding a aux port to factory radio
Wednesday, May 23, 2012 4:46 PM
Well theres no way shape or form i wanna buy a new hu, i wanna mod my factory radio to install a aux port if i could.

i been reading and people have dose this with older radios but could i do this to my 00z?
some links
http://www.a-body.net/forums/showthread.php?4809-DIY-GM-Delco-AUX-input
http://ls1tech.com/forums/stereo-electronics/1233099-ipod-mp3-player-aux-factory-delco-cd-radio-less-then-10-00-a.html

Re: Adding a aux port to factory radio
Wednesday, May 23, 2012 5:23 PM
What year car do you have and which stereo option?

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 5:31 PM
I love posts that start with "I absolutely do not have a logical reason why, but I do not want to replace the function-limited, inferior factory head unit with something better".

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 6:46 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:I love posts that start with "I absolutely do not have a logical reason why, but I do not want to replace the function-limited, inferior factory head unit with something better".

wow your so funny A. i do not have the money for a new head unit,b. i like the factory radio. i used the tape deck to 3.5 mm to use my iphone but i just wanted to see if this could be done

Sunday, May 27, 2012 4:06 PM
You can get a decent head unit cheap and everything to install it is even cheaper lol

Saturday, June 02, 2012 11:25 AM
I installed a kit in a friends car... works kinda like an fm transmitter BUT it does not transmit over the air waves. Install a small box under the dash, it has several leads coming off it. Two of them go to the antenna lead, two more for power/on off and then two rca leads. I think a new kit also has the cables and grommet to have the aux port mounted in a trim piece or on the dash somewhere. Its a scohse kit.. or however you spell it. Search for it on amazon. I think they call it an fm modulator. Id put one of these in way before tearing a radio apart.

Edit: Heres the kit on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Scosche-FM-MOD02-Universal-Modulator-Satellite/dp/B001QBG614/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338680408&sr=8-1-fkmr0

it works pretty well for what it is I think. I would think it'd beat trying to tear your radio apart and splice into wires and such..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Saturday, June 02, 2012 4:42 PM
Saturday, June 02, 2012 3:20 PM
Jordan wrote:I installed a kit in a friends car... works kinda like an fm transmitter BUT it does not transmit over the air waves. Install a small box under the dash, it has several leads coming off it. Two of them go to the antenna lead, two more for power/on off and then two rca leads. I think a new kit also has the cables and grommet to have the aux port mounted in a trim piece or on the dash somewhere. Its a scohse kit.. or however you spell it. Search for it on amazon. I think they call it an fm modulator. Id put one of these in way before tearing a radio apart.

I used one of those on my last Daily Driver because it would have been to much of a pain in the ass to change out the headunit. Worked flawlessly. I was very skeptical before I installed it but it played crystal clear audio.

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 10:01 PM
Trusche... I have one rigged up to my daily PT right now...

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 5:55 PM
Yep scosche makes a fm modulator that plugs into your antenna and then into your radio.
Works real good, I sell and install a few a week and have heard nothing but good from my customers.

So yeah, what Jordan & Rosario said are dead on correct.

My car was made with wrenches, Not chopsticks.
Wednesday, July 11, 2012 5:58 PM
We sell them for 150 installed btw.

A new a/m radio, dash kit, harness & antenna adapter.

Is about the same price wth out labor.

Just a thought man.

Wish ya the best!

My car was made with wrenches, Not chopsticks.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search