sub placement.. - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
sub placement..
Sunday, July 08, 2012 6:22 PM
ive got a sealed box w 2 12" kicker comps wired @ 2 ohms running off a single alpine mrp500

so far it seems like they're loudest wheni have them facing the back of.the trunk but obviously that makes more trunk noise, i was just wondering others opinions on what sounds best

also, when i bought the subs the box had stuffing in it, and was wondering if it makes a difference

Re: sub placement..
Sunday, July 08, 2012 6:31 PM
It sounds better rear facing because of resonating and whatnot... if the trunk noise annoys you try some dampening material... and as for the stuffing, its basically used to make the box seem bigger... i prefer my subs rear facing.. and my box isnt stuffed as far as i know. If yours was built/tuned with stuffing then you should probably leave it.
Sunday, July 08, 2012 8:27 PM
It's not resonation that makes it sound better but wave reinforcement. Either way, backward is typically louder.

Stuffing usually smooths out the sound a bit, it's not a big deal and definitely won't hurt anything.

Monday, July 09, 2012 8:03 AM
alright thanks guys, btw im thinking about trading my ps3 that i never use for a type x sub, anyone ever have experience w that kind of sub? i have a feeling.it would be louder than my 2 kicker comps lol
Monday, July 09, 2012 11:31 AM
Subs aren't just about getting loud.... ugh. The type x is a pretty nice sub and they can sound awesome... but go ahead and just use it to get boomy and loud

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Monday, July 09, 2012 4:13 PM
im not all about being loud, im after sound quality too ... music doesnt sound like it should with overwhelming bass ya know..
Monday, July 09, 2012 4:16 PM
But when someone makes it clear they are after noise more than fantastic sound reproduction by saying "it should be louder than what I have" , I'm weary to suggest something like a type x. I will say this, kicker comps are muddy, gross, horrid sounding subs. So in every valuable way, the type x is miles ahead.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search