what is the DRL fuse? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what is the DRL fuse?
Monday, July 09, 2012 7:10 PM
So after a long time of having my battery drain dead after a couple of days i finally located the problem. I pulled the fuse labeled " DRL" and the problem has completely stopped....car can go a week or two without start up problems at all. Question is...what is the source of the problem.
I have a 1995 z24 so i dont have actuall "DRL's" at least not the headlamp kind. whatever it is it has something to do with my interior lights because once i pulled it i no longer have dome lights or chimes when the doors open. Can anyone tell me exactly what it is i need to replace?
thanks

Re: what is the DRL fuse?
Monday, July 09, 2012 7:38 PM
Might be a faulty door switch not turning off the interior lights, might be a parasitic drain caused by something aftermarket you or the previous owner wired to that circuit. Those are the first 2 guesses off the top of my head.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Re: what is the DRL fuse?
Monday, July 09, 2012 8:48 PM
i havnt wired anything into that circuit. however i did find out that the drl fuse controls the multifunction alarm module...with it unplugged i have no issues. hook it back up and my battery dies in a matter of days. Im currently trying to pull this thing out to get a part number but not having any luck at all. Its up under the dash on the driver side, right above the blinker and horn relay behind the fuse panel. I can barely even get my hand in there. any suggestions? i dont recall this thing be accessable from the top.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search