wirees - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
wirees
Wednesday, September 19, 2012 3:42 PM
i got a new jvc radio but i took the old radio out and the wires dont match up im soo lost what to hook up what were and i cant figure it out ... i dont wnna buy a adapotor i just wanna know what colors on the car go to the new radio
i need to know what the ilklumintion color is
tel mutin color
battery color
igntion
ground
rear front both side speakers please help

Re: wirees
Wednesday, September 19, 2012 4:12 PM
no. dont cut the factory harness buy an adapter for like $5-10 and do it right. im not even humoring you with an answer on how to do it ghetto.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 7:37 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:no. dont cut the factory harness buy an adapter for like $5-10 and do it right. im not even humoring you with an answer on how to do it ghetto.

QFT======= Get the adapter harness and all the colors will match up, and it will be plug n play simple as that. Takes 5 minutes to hook the two harnesses together if you do it with quick connectors.. Longer if you take the time to solder the connections.. And only 10-15 dollars invested.

And even longer than that if you F*** up the stock harness and make an even bigger headache for yourself and anybody that ever works on the radio again.

Have a nice day.
Thursday, September 20, 2012 4:44 PM
Jordan wrote:
JLAudioCavalier wrote:no. dont cut the factory harness buy an adapter for like $5-10 and do it right. im not even humoring you with an answer on how to do it ghetto.

QFT======= Get the adapter harness and all the colors will match up, and it will be plug n play simple as that. Takes 5 minutes to hook the two harnesses together if you do it with quick connectors.. Longer if you take the time to solder the connections.. And only 10-15 dollars invested.

And even longer than that if you F*** up the stock harness and make an even bigger headache for yourself and anybody that ever works on the radio again.

Have a nice day.

i agree with both these posts.

car audio noob since 1984.
Thursday, September 20, 2012 7:43 PM
I'm about to go to the junk yard this weekend to cut a good harness/pigtail to fix the botched stereo install on my truck because the previous owner was a lazy hack like you want to be. Don't be a lazy hack like him, be awesome. If you need a good role model on being awesome, ill give you the times when I'm available to mentor.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search