looking for some opinions - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
looking for some opinions
Thursday, January 31, 2013 6:50 PM
Now this isnt about a jbody so i hope there arent too many flames... but after wrecking my two cavs i moved on to a truck.

Long story short I'm looking into an underseat sub box setup. I would like it to be loud but as clear as possible.

From what i have found my options are limited to one or two 8-10" subs either upfiring or downfiring and ported/sealed and also mostly limited to shallow mount subs.

The question is, does anybody here have experience with a setup like this? Whats the best bang for the buck here/best quality? I plan to collect parts from now till spring and install once its nice out. I was looking at the rockford fosgate shallow 10" but still not sure on subs/box displacement /amp

Have a nice day.

Re: looking for some opinions
Friday, February 01, 2013 6:14 PM
You will get the best sound quality (SQ) out of a sealed box, and the sealed box will also be smaller. I would just start searching for SQ subs. Here is a link to start http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthread.php?t=338844

Re: looking for some opinions
Friday, February 01, 2013 7:55 PM
Thanks, that was a good little read, however most if not all of those subs are rather large and considering my under seat limitations I cannot use them. it does give an idea of where to go for the best quality though. I looked at the memphis reference 10 inch shallow sub, somewhat spendy but still in a decent enough range if I only got one of them.. also still have the rockford subs in mind, a little on the lower end, less expensive, but they may be more suited for my DD work truck.. I really need to find somebody to buy my old subs/box/amp so I can have a little extra cash to throw at this project right away...

Have a nice day.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search