Monsoon Issue - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Monsoon Issue
Tuesday, March 12, 2013 4:47 AM
I just recently installed my Alpine CDE-124sxm and KTP-445 power pack in place of my old Monsoon factory HU, and i purchashed the harness, wired everything according to the schematics, thepink turn on amp wire is wired to my remote turn on wire from my deck, the only option changed is my rear speakers are aftermarket. My deck turns on no problem, although even while changing in between modes or trying to listen to ANYTHING the only noise i get is a constant lil "pop", notes from the songs are..hearable but by no means listen worthy. Although TWICE now, in the mornigns when i leave for the work, i have PERFECT radio. Until i have to turn the radio off :S Otherwise i'd get that pop noise all day. Im at a complete loss, and so is everyone i've asked or searched. Any help is appreciated, we all know what its like to drive without music... loll

Im aware everyone bypasses the amp, so thats NOT the answer im looking for, i'd like to retain it for plug and play simplicity.

Re: Monsoon Issue
Tuesday, March 12, 2013 7:52 AM
The power pack is technically an amp, so you're running one amp into another? That's bound to cause problems IMO. The fact that it's hit or miss sounds like a short or something though.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 8:30 AM
But its an inline amp? I under stand what you mean, usually two amps isnt the best idea, but the fac i have a+ perfect sound when i start my car in the morning makes no sense to me.. its not a hit or miss Its a hit in the morning, and a miss anytime after that. Damn GM always makes things difficult. I see why everyone just smashed the monsoon and went aftermarket. I Don't know anything about line level or speaker level myself, im colour coded simplicity If the colours match, line em up. ahah.
Tuesday, March 12, 2013 10:50 AM
FIXED, i unplugged the ktp445 and went straigth HU to monsoon, works great. Doesnt sound nearly as good as those mornings with all 3 working but I wonder if theres a way to make em all work? Obviously there must be something as it WAS working.. anyways thanks Kody. Imma keep searching to see if i can get em all working. Maybe it's too much power for the speakers i have, being factory upfront and cheapo precision power in the back IF the amps rated at 240x4, and the packs 45x4 and the deck is 18x4.
Tuesday, March 12, 2013 11:12 AM
Glad I could help. Maybe with better speakers it would work better, but who knows.

Friday, March 22, 2013 3:53 AM
Alright, so update yesterday i wired the rear speakers STRAIGHT to a deck, NO chatter worked like they just came from the factory box. So the damn monsoon amp is being ripped out this weekend, and what happens with it... well time will tell but that thing you can't hook up any aftermarket speaker too, i had two 4 ohm speakers back there, and they just crackled without barely any sound going to them.. :/
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search