speaker box measurments - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
speaker box measurments
Tuesday, March 19, 2013 10:38 PM
Im looking at puttin 4 12" subs in my trunk im wondering if anyboxy has dimensions and measurements for a ported box that will fit the trunk of my 96 cavalier

Re: speaker box measurments
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:44 AM
Wow nobody
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:59 AM

It's gonna be a totally custom job dude. No one dumps four 12's into a cavalier so if you're looking for advice from someone who has done it you're not going to get it. You failed to mention which subs, what dimensions, what frequency you're looking for, where you plan to mount the power plants for those 12s, etc.

My god I've become one of the those guys who flames n00bs on JBO... I'm usually down to help people out who normally get flammed but come on dude. No one has dimensions for a magical box that stuffs four 12s into a cavalier trunk and sounds great with all makes and models of subs.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 1:32 PM
Cody,

You can't just slap in 4 12's and call it a day with out the box being custom.
If you want SPL or SQ you need to size and calculate the port size based on the volume of space you can use, and the capacity of your subs.

Use the link below to properly size your box, tune your port, and understand the volume you need to achieve the sound quality you're driving for.
Also think about how you want it to look, and being able to build the box outside of the trunk, or inside of your trunk.

There's more to it then throwing up a post, then waiting an hour for someone to reply.
And just because you have 4 subs, doesnt mean you HAVE to use them... Quality over Quantity
Go simple, and stick with 2 or 1 sub... less work and probably will give what you want and more.

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 1:53 PM
if you really want 4 12's your gonna have to take out the rear seats completely and like the others said its gonna be a full custom build. 2 12's are a pretty tight fit in the trunk theres no way you can fit 4 in there

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:09 PM
I bet ya a hundred bucks i fit 4 12s in a ported box in the trunk i a already got 2 in there i want more and i never said it was gonna be easy i was wantin to see if anybody has done it and what there boxes looked like
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:29 PM
Crutchfield.com. Put in your speaker model and it will give you recommended sis s for your speaker. As far as execution, get ready to pay or get out a measuring tape.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 3:15 PM
Used to have 2 12's and there's room for 2 more but most likely will have to have it be fiberglass molded to the shape of the carpet (like people/i did for a corner "box") ... That should give you plently of air space but it'll have to be built in there (not removeable) and probably/most likely have to put the amps in the spare tire space ... Again depends on the woofer .... If you get the shallow mount ones i think their air space requirements are much less

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 3:51 PM
There lanzar max 12" and it will be wood no fiberglass
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 4:04 PM
... I guess you could make a square box and have em fire straight up ... Would look like crap and probably sound like garbage but i guess you can keep your $100 bucks then

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 4:17 PM
It will be ported and tuned to 33hz and sound good and look good ill post pics when im done

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 4:29 PM
I made a box for 2 15s in a friends cavalier before. I dont remember the measurements but just calculated the cu ft needed for the subs and took out the tape measure and started playing with numbers. We had to assemble the box in the trunk. it took up 80-90% of the trunk. I know that doesn't answer your question, but not sure if anyone would be able too, just got to pull out the tape measure and play around with numbers. Good luck

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires
2005 Mazda 3 GS Auto- Wifes car
2006 Cobalt SS/SC - Intake, 2.5" Exhaust, GMPP Brakes, Solid Mounts, Ported S/C - Sold
1991 GMC Sierra - Lifted on 38.5" Swampers, Too much to list off. For Sale
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 7:39 PM
10 bucks says it never gets finished

Have a nice day.
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 7:42 PM
Jordan wrote:10 bucks says it never gets finished

Agreed

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 7:52 PM
Jordan wrote:10 bucks says it never gets finished

Smart money

"In Oldskool we trust"
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 8:46 PM
Haha yall guys dont know me
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 8:53 PM
cody stanley wrote:Haha yall guys dont know me

Nope we dont. You joined 2 days ago and have nothing in your profile...many threads have been started with people saying they'll do this and that and it never happens

Thursday, March 21, 2013 3:24 AM
Back in the fast and furious era when lot meets and purple cars were cool i stuffed 3 12s and 2 15s into my sedan cavaliers trunk. Then i stopped being a faggot. So it can be done, but you will be a faggot.
Sunday, April 21, 2013 12:01 PM
um so if you have speakers in the trunk you're a fag?...look cody if you want to put 4 12's in your trunk then do it as long as it fits, dont let people tell you how to build your car

http://members.cardomain.com/freakycavy
Sunday, April 21, 2013 12:22 PM
4 12's in a Cavalier is overkill. Unless you are competing in SPL. RK sport makes a fiberglass rear seat delete that they say can fit 4 12's.

But again, my opinion is 4 12's is way overkill for a cavi.
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 2:36 PM
He's obviously not competing, he said Lanzar.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013 4:07 PM
I've seen people compete with Lanzar crap before. Some DB drag (do they still do that crap?) guys run multiple mismatched stuff before.
Friday, May 03, 2013 7:47 AM
Yeah you're not getting much good from the lanzar max. I did fit 4 12s in the trunk but i did some cutting and couldn't run a back seat.

Friday, May 03, 2013 12:49 PM
Just get 4 SA-8 V2's. Those 8's will hit harder then 4 12's.

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 3:07 PM
cody stanley wrote:It will be ported and tuned to 33hz and sound good and look good ill post pics when im done

heres a box for you. subs are all top mounted. could do two up and two back as well but you won't have much room between the woofers and the trunk. and i highly recommend doing a double baffle with some bracing.
Attachments
Messages Image(32056625).png (280k)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search