need more info on door chime retainer - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
need more info on door chime retainer
Tuesday, March 26, 2013 10:23 AM
ok so i have been having problems with my dome light. it never goes off unless the viehicle is moving, as soon as the vehicle starts in motion, the dome light will turn off.
arpud the same time i started having problems with the door chime retainer i installed with my aftermarket sterio. its all installed correctly but the chime goes off randomly sometimes.
i took out the fuse out of the rdo/intlp (radio and interior lamp) and when i put it back in i realized the door chime chimed once and the light goes back on. so im thinking its my door chime retainer thats causing the problem with my dome light. The module i have is a c2r-gm24 i bought from future shop a few years ago and has been in many cars with many different sterios. i looked up the wiring diagram and i see that the purple wire on it senses vehicle speed. So this is why im thinking that this module is the reason im having problems with my dome light. can anyone confirm this? what chime retainer would you guys recommend i get this time around? input would be appreciated.

Re: need more info on door chime retainer
Tuesday, March 26, 2013 11:13 AM
oh btw i have a 2000 sunfire
Wednesday, March 27, 2013 9:26 PM
I'd say you have a problem with a sticky door pin...
Wednesday, March 27, 2013 11:18 PM
its not the door pin, i oiled it a while ago to be sure. Plus that wouldnt explain why the light comes on only when the vehicle is at a complete stop and wont go off. As soon as i start moving again it shuts right off.
Sunday, April 07, 2013 3:24 PM
Oil won't fix a bad contact inside the switch... I would disconnect the door pins and see if the problem is still there or not.

The purple wire isn't vehicle speed... it's the Class 2 bus. The Body Control Module (BCM) uses this bus to tell the radio to turn on and off (retained accessory power), chime on and off, etc. That's how the door chime module works - the BCM sends a signal to the module, the module makes a boing sound on your speakers. Unless you've got the module wired wrong or there's a loose wire making contact when you come to a stop, there is no way the speed should be doing that. Maybe the module's gone bad?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search