Ampilifier wont turn off - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Ampilifier wont turn off
Monday, April 22, 2013 9:00 PM
i have a 1200 watt boss amp that i borrowed from a friend. when he had it it wouldnt turn off and still wont turn off when in my car.

the control wire seems to be useless in the situation being the amp wont turn off. it only turns off when negative or positive cables are disconnected from battery.

the amp requires 2 20 amp fuses. i went ahead and replaced them with 2 25 amp fuses that i had. the amp would then finally turn off consistent with the ignition for about 10 mins and then went back to staying on. i checked the fuses and they are still good.

any ideas or solutions to my problem?

Re: Ampilifier wont turn off
Monday, April 22, 2013 9:35 PM
Mat Scott wrote:the amp requires 2 20 amp fuses. i went ahead and replaced them with 2 25 amp fuses that i had

the hell? what made you think this was a good idea?

as for the main problem... how is your remote wired?

car audio noob since 1984.
Monday, April 22, 2013 10:15 PM

remote is connected by one single wire going straight from back of deck to the amp. the remote input is between the positive and ground inputs. remember the amp turns on regardless of remote connection.
Tuesday, April 23, 2013 11:17 AM
mistake. the amp requires 2 25 amp fuses and i put 2 30 amp fuses. i just replaced them with the correct 2 25 amp fuses tho. with the rca cables disconnected or just the red disconnected the amp functions properly. but when as soon as the red rca( right port) is plugged in, the amp wont turn off and automatically goes to protection mode when the car is turned off.
Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:03 PM
Try plugging in the red RCA to the white port, and the white RCA to the red port. Tell us if it reacts the same way.
Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:06 PM
yes, still reacts the same way.
Wednesday, May 01, 2013 9:07 PM
Mat Scott wrote:yes, still reacts the same way.

either the rca is borked or the amp is borked.

being its a boss amp, id lean towards the latter.

car audio noob since 1984.
Friday, May 10, 2013 8:56 AM
it could be the sub i just had an alpine act up the same way and found out my speaker was wires broke and started arching in the box
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search