kenwood kcs wd250 install help - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
kenwood kcs wd250 install help
Thursday, May 16, 2013 7:03 PM
so i got this sub from my parents when they bought a durango. if you dont kn we started installing it into my car today during auto shop, but we are trying to find a spot to run the power wire. my teacher is saying that we should run it to the cruise control wire or fuse(cant remember exactly what he said, wiring is not my specialty). i am wondering if this will provide enough amperage to power the sub? or is there a better spot i should run the wire to? i know i need to run it to something that turns off when the key is off, but thats all i really know. i will be hooking it up with a stock head unit. here is some info on the sub http://www.crutchfield.com/S-396xTSFMZRY/p_113KSCWD2/Kenwood-KSC-WD250.html
and here is a wiring diagram for it http://www.manualslib.com/manual/86519/Kenwood-Ksc-Wd250.html?page=4#manual
any help will be very much appreciated. sorry if this seems like a stupid question or has been covered before, like i said earlier, i dont really know much about this stuff. so anyways, thank you all in advanced

Re: kenwood kcs wd250 install help
Friday, May 17, 2013 9:17 AM
nevermind, it's in and working. I like it so far

Friday, May 17, 2013 8:03 PM
the power wire as in the main wire from the + of the amp? no..... that goes straight to the battery. I REALLY hope you meant the remote turn on lead. You do NOT run the main power wire to some factory switched circuit.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Saturday, May 18, 2013 8:12 AM
to tell you the truth, I have no idea what I meant. but my shop teacher and I followed the writing diagram and figured it out. It's working well, no fuses blown and the alternator doesn't seem to have too big of a load on it. I really need to work on my writing and electronics skills

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search