purple and black wire? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
purple and black wire?
Thursday, June 06, 2013 7:16 AM
hey guys, i swapped my kenwood stereo from my old cavy to my new one. i realized on the harness theres a purple and black wire. it comes out of the part that plugs into the kenwood stereo and its not being used for anything. does anyone know what its for?

Re: purple and black wire?
Thursday, June 06, 2013 7:15 PM
With Car Audio a purple wire with a black tracer is a right read negative speaker wire.

Yellow - Constant 12 Volt (battery)
Red - Accessory 12 volt (switched) only 12 volts when car in accessory or on position
Black - Ground (chassis)
White/white with black stripe - Front left speaker (black stripe is negative polarity)
Gray/Gray with black stripe - Front right speaker (stripe negative)
Green/green w/ black - rear left
purple/purple w/ black - rear right
solid blue - power antenna (not all have this wire)
blue w white stripe - remote turn on (used to turn amplifier on or power antenna)
yellow w/ black stripe - mute (for cellphone handsfree kit)
Friday, June 07, 2013 11:45 AM
Thanks a bunch! I figured it had to be that, with both cars I've had it in, the right rear speaker didn't work. I was in a hurry when I installed it so I didn't fix it, but it's good to know that's why my speaker isn't working. Glad I paid a "professional" shop to install it for me. Thanks again.

teal wrote:With Car Audio a purple wire with a black tracer is a right read negative speaker wire.

Yellow - Constant 12 Volt (battery)
Red - Accessory 12 volt (switched) only 12 volts when car in accessory or on position
Black - Ground (chassis)
White/white with black stripe - Front left speaker (black stripe is negative polarity)
Gray/Gray with black stripe - Front right speaker (stripe negative)
Green/green w/ black - rear left
purple/purple w/ black - rear right
solid blue - power antenna (not all have this wire)
blue w white stripe - remote turn on (used to turn amplifier on or power antenna)
yellow w/ black stripe - mute (for cellphone handsfree kit)

Friday, June 07, 2013 12:00 PM
No Problem. You can thank me by posting a pic of the deck in the dash.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search