Rear Speaker Mounting - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rear Speaker Mounting
Thursday, May 09, 2013 6:17 PM
i have a 2000 sunfire GT and i just bought some MTX 6x9 speakers, and i cant get them to fit through the top of the rear deck. i was wondering how i could mount them from the bottom. i have searched on here for it but found no answer. i most likely searched the wrong thing. if so could someone give me the link. pictures would help me out with what people have done to mount theirs underneath the deck. thanks and sorry.

Re: Rear Speaker Mounting
Thursday, May 09, 2013 7:04 PM
Self tappers from the bottom up. They can be had at fastenal, home depot, Lowes, etc.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Friday, May 10, 2013 8:52 AM
also you can use nuts and bolts with lock washers so the vibrations don't shake them off had that happen to me before on a different vehicle
Friday, May 10, 2013 11:55 AM
i was thinking the bolts with locking washers but i wasnt sure. did you have to drill new holes for the bolts? id asume so. thanks for the inputs
Sunday, May 12, 2013 9:36 AM
also make sure that the whole is big enough that it doesn't interfere with the rubber excursion skirt, may have to do a little cutting or grinding if its not big enough

Sunday, May 12, 2013 11:14 AM
ill have to make a template for it. make sure its all big enough, thanks guys
Friday, June 07, 2013 2:25 AM
If your speakers have really thick magnets ,it can be difficult squeezing them between the trunk support rods running across there .In that case you will have to cut out your 6x9 holes to better accomodate your speakers using a good pair of metal scissors .

BLACKMANTIS
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search