DUAL BLUE ILLUMINITE SPEAKERS - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
DUAL BLUE ILLUMINITE SPEAKERS
Wednesday, July 25, 2007 11:40 AM
Hey guys i have a question. It may be stupid but i will ask it anyway. I just bought the DUAL SBX-654 6 1/2” 4-WAY BLUE ILLUMINITE SPEAKERS to install in my door panel. It says that you need a 12volt power source to light up the blue lights on the speakers. My question is how can you hook up that power source if the speaker is in the door? there is no way to run it to the fuse box

Re: DUAL BLUE ILLUMINITE SPEAKERS
Wednesday, July 25, 2007 11:44 AM
If you have power door locks or windows, you have 12v in the door.

2002 Cavalier 2200 5spd

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 11:52 AM
i have power door locks. so i would just patch it into that line? I can see the power door lock modulator there and one thick black wire that runs from it. Do i patch into that wire?
Wednesday, July 25, 2007 12:02 PM
Wouldnt you want to run something like 12+ from the Remote lead on the deck, so that the speakers turn on when the radio is turned on and off when its off?

I think the window power is only on the switch, and is only "on" when youre moving the window, I may be wrong.

Just run another wire into there, its not hard to do. If you have a stock deck, run it off a fuse that ignition turns on, wipers is a good example.. (most wont recommend this, but ive done it on friends cars plenty of times, with no negative results, so long as the draw isnt that strong, you should be fine)...
Wednesday, July 25, 2007 12:16 PM
Im sorry. im not sure im understanding. I don't have power windows, just power locks. there is only one big black wire in there coming off the power locks. So basically what i need to do is patch into that wire and just ground it somewhere in the door?
Wednesday, July 25, 2007 12:57 PM
You have to find out which wire is 12v by either looking at the wiring diagram in the service manual or feeling around with a multimeter. Because the current is not switched, the speakers will glow all the time. The draw of LEDs is low so it won't kill your battery if you drive it once a week or so.

2002 Cavalier 2200 5spd

Wednesday, July 25, 2007 1:18 PM
So there is no way to hook it to that 12v wire and not have the lights stay on all the time?
Wednesday, July 25, 2007 3:31 PM
Matt Botsford wrote:So there is no way to hook it to that 12v wire and not have the lights stay on all the time?

Run it to the remote on from your deck as said above. It's not hard to run wiring to your doors, you just have to take a coat hanger or other rigid wire and push it through the rubber conduit in the door jamb, being careful not to poke through it, or damage any of the existing wires in there. Once it's through, tape the end of the wire you want to run to it, and pull it back through. Pretty simple. Another idea would be to attach it to a switch, or to your parking lights.

Friday, July 27, 2007 11:10 AM
HAHA i totaly didn't understand what you were saying in that last post. I went outside and looked at my car to see how i could run the wires. That is the exact same thing that i concluded when i looked at it. I guess great minds think alike!
Friday, July 27, 2007 11:28 AM
Accessory wire going to the deck is also a good one
Friday, July 27, 2007 10:31 PM
why worry about your speakers lighting up?

[IMG][/IMG]

Sunday, July 29, 2007 9:00 PM
It's baller?.....

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL
Friday, June 07, 2013 2:20 AM
Just hook up your wires to parking lights wire and call it a day! Works great for me.

BLACKMANTIS
Wednesday, June 26, 2013 12:47 PM
most remote wires do not run full 12v so you might need to run the remote line though a relay and grab the power from another source (easiest is the cig lighter) then run wires to the doors it is possible as i have ran new speaker wires to all my speakers just need a coat hanger and some time
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search