what factory radios will fit my 00 cavalier - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what factory radios will fit my 00 cavalier
Monday, June 17, 2013 5:31 PM
i have a 2000 cavalier it has the stock tape player in it with one connecter plugin in to it. it only sends power to one speaker so i need to replace it and i cant stand how cheap the chevy radios look , i was looking on ebay and it seems like only late 90's buick radios use the same connecter so i might buy a cd cassette player from a older century,or will any other gm radios plugin with out splicing the oe harness .or does anyone know which harness can be used to install a aftermarket harness i dont care about the wraning chimes so i dont want to spend 60 bucks for interface to keep them when i can get a used oe radio for 20 bucks.

Re: what factory radios will fit my 00 cavalier
Saturday, June 22, 2013 12:04 PM
Any double-DIN height 2000+ Class 2 radio will "fit" in the dash opening... but only compatible radios will be able to be re-programmed to work with your factory BCM, and therefore unlocked. You'll pay thru the arse for a GM dealer to do that unlock tho.

If you don't care about chimes... go get a $10 Scosche adapter at Walmart (GM-035 or equivalent) and use an aftermarket deck.
Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:34 PM
So what you said is if i dont care about losing the chimes than a $10 adapter is all i'll need to put in an aftermarket deck?
Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:42 PM
Yes, and a mounting kit.
Sunday, June 30, 2013 6:31 AM
I've got a factory deck w/ cd player that came out of a 00 car laying around here.

i find it amusing that SHOoff has nothing better to do but follow me around & be an unhelpful dick in even cross-forum. - Jon Mick
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search