2004 Factory Radio Aux Cable Adaptor Fail - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2004 Factory Radio Aux Cable Adaptor Fail
Wednesday, October 02, 2013 10:19 PM
I have a 2004 Cavalier LS that comes with a factory Delco stereo unit. I'm trying to add an aux cable adapter so i can listen to music from my iPhone. Mine has the aux button and so i bought this 12 pin aux adapter that that fits behind the radio 12 pin port. So i plugged it up, followed all the instructions, and hit the aux button many times & it doesn't work. The adapter has a female 12 pin that goes to the radio and a male 12 pin that connects to "factory wire harness" but there was never a 12 pin plug that was connected to the radio. Sooo.. has anyone tried doing this before? Because I could definantly need some advice right now.
I like the factory look and not planning on going aftermarket.
The adapter model is: PAC GM Auxiliary Audio Input AAI-GM12 ( PAC website says it would work on a cavalier)

instagram: peru_stylez

Re: 2004 Factory Radio Aux Cable Adaptor Fail
Thursday, October 03, 2013 7:40 AM
Did you try plugging just the aux secondly looking pin in to the head unit and then the two fatty factory ones together?
Thursday, October 03, 2013 7:17 PM
The aux plugs are 12 pins male & female
the other plug on the radio is like a 24 pin.

instagram: peru_stylez

Thursday, October 03, 2013 10:00 PM
That cable is used on up-level Sunfires with the optional steering wheel controls. Possibly on XM as well, but I've never actually torn one down that had XM.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search