subwoofers - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
subwoofers
Thursday, November 14, 2013 1:50 PM
picture request: im looking for ideas for a subwoofer setup. im thinking of getting a 12 inch subwoofer and dont know how i should build the box. so please post any pictures of what you have. thank you in advance.

Re: subwoofers
Friday, December 20, 2013 4:44 PM
What model of subwoofer? some will require more space than others, need to find specs on the subwoofer you want, then you can build the box to the recommended size. Also, are you looking for a small box in the corner so you still have room in your trunk or a big "car show" fibreglass painted box amp rack that takes up the whole trunk?

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires
2005 Mazda 3 GS Auto- Wifes car
2006 Cobalt SS/SC - Intake, 2.5" Exhaust, GMPP Brakes, Solid Mounts, Ported S/C - Sold
1991 GMC Sierra - Lifted on 38.5" Swampers, Too much to list off. For Sale
Tuesday, May 06, 2014 9:24 AM
heres what mine looks like. your box will not be nearly as big as mine. 6.5cuft gross volume and 4cuft net. single 15 slot port.
Attachments
IMG_20140310_101706.jpg (807k)

Friday, May 09, 2014 8:36 PM
also ignore the nastiness on my trunk lid. i had to take the whole trunk with trunk mounts off to get the box in through the cab. the trunk was sound deadened and in order to get the wires out to take it off all my deadening had to come off. its all cleaned up now. haha

Friday, May 09, 2014 9:13 PM
Here is a pic of my current setup.

It's right behind the rear seat which still folds up and down. There is a false wall in the trunk that encloses the box and acts as
an amp rack. I wanted something that looked semi stock. I'm thinking of selling and just going with a cobalt sub enclosure swap though.
Wednesday, May 14, 2014 11:19 AM
if you just want one 12 and you want it to look stock then build a fiberglass enclosure behind the wheel well. they're super easy to make and once theyre done they look awesome.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search