Question about Subs - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Question about Subs
Monday, April 21, 2014 12:38 AM
I currently have a cheap system (walmart special if you know what im saying). I am looking at doing a huge upgrade. I want to run 2x 12" Skar VVX 12v2. I will do a ported box with subs and port facing front window. My question is how well do these perform and what amp should I run. Looking to do about 2ohm.

Speakers: Skar VVX 12v2...

Looking to pay no more then $300 for new amp any ideas?

Re: Question about Subs
Tuesday, April 22, 2014 1:44 PM
Ok I am guessing no knows or no one wants to answer. Well I will figure it out, thx anyways.
Tuesday, May 06, 2014 9:11 AM
check out autotek and hifonics amps. they're the same amps internally but the autoteks are cheaper. i got my 2000watt rms mm4000.1 on ebay for $135. and face the subs and port to the trunk. will be much much louder. also, if you're gonna pay $200 a sub don't get skars. get two sundown sa12's they're the same price and can actually handle well over 1000rms clean power.

Tuesday, May 06, 2014 9:19 AM
Also we need more information to give you a good recommendation. What is the rated RMS wattage of one sub? Dual voice coil? Single? 8ohm, 4ohm, 2ohm? Usually when we tell someone what to buy they get mad because it's too expensive. So the problem is no one wants to tell you to go buy a crappy amplifier for cheap and no one wants to tell you to spend more money than you probably want to spend.

"In Oldskool we trust"
Tuesday, May 06, 2014 9:24 AM
Y3llowCav wrote:Also we need more information to give you a good recommendation. What is the rated RMS wattage of one sub? Dual voice coil? Single? 8ohm, 4ohm, 2ohm? Usually when we tell someone what to buy they get mad because it's too expensive. So the problem is no one wants to tell you to go buy a crappy amplifier for cheap and no one wants to tell you to spend more money than you probably want to spend.

+1

Tuesday, May 06, 2014 9:28 AM
also if i were you id get two DVC 4ohm subs and wire them to one ohm. why run 2 ohms? you're just restricting how much power the amp can put out and making it put out distortion because you have to turn the gain up higher. both amps i recommended are 1 ohm stable and are most efficient at 1 ohm.

Thursday, May 22, 2014 6:35 PM
Thanks all I got (2) Skar VVX12v2 dual 4 ohm and wired then to 1ohm. I got the Hifonics BRX 2400.1D amp 1ohm stable. I faced then into the car because of ported box. These things are loud and hit hard. Im not going to try to turn the box due to me having to take trunk hinges off to get box in.
Friday, May 23, 2014 1:34 PM
i have a ported box and one that is much bigger than yours should be. with 2 12s you should be able to just take the box in and out of the trunk. you have too big of a box for them if you have to take the hinges off man. haha i still think you shoulda gotten sundowns for that price but to each his own! got any pictures of what it looks like?
heres mine. haha
Attachments
IMG_20140310_101653.jpg (1091k)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search