power window wire diagram - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
power window wire diagram
Monday, August 08, 2005 3:19 PM
so i just got a stock power window system out of a cavalier. it's a 2 door and it has the regulators, motors, track and switches. only thing it doesn't have are the wires, which i'll be running. unfortunately i neglected to think ahead and realize that the switches and motors would have connectors. i only have 1 end of these connectors. therefore, i need to know what all the prongs on the motors and the switches are for. thank you.

-john

Re: power window wire diagram
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 2:49 PM
only found 4 door.. but gm usally uses the same colors http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/pj1987/cavy5.gif
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b191/pj1987/cavy.gif

Speed costs... How fast ya wanna go??
<a href="http://mywebpages.comcast.net/pj1987">My old cars</a>
Tuesday, August 09, 2005 8:18 PM
thanks. luckily i got in contact with dave (2uniq) and he came over to help me out. we took his switches out and his door panel off and figured everything out. got the passenger motor and regulator in the door, driver gets done tomorrow, possibly wired. gotta make a piece to hold the switches though.

-john
Wednesday, August 10, 2005 4:03 PM
how much did you pay for everything? i might drop by the junkyard soon.

Thursday, August 11, 2005 1:04 PM
why not buy a bezel from a wrecker or dealership, they're cheap and fit where your little change tray is in the center console by the armrest...

Thursday, August 11, 2005 6:25 PM
i didn't buy the bezel cause i'm a cheap bastard. lol the window regulators, motors and switches for 225. only problem was i didn't get the other end of the wire connector. but it's all good. that's what solder is for! lol i priced a connector at my local dealership and the ones for the motors were 25 a piece and the connector for the switches was 140 somethin, so i peaced out. i'm running the wiring tomorrow so i should have working power windows tomorrow. just gonna have to put my console back in so i can mount them someplace.

-john
Friday, August 12, 2005 2:38 PM
I got the stock bezel and switches from another 04 cavy two door in the junkyard, pulled the wires that were conected to the little computer chip thing that was under the switches too. I have the spal kit with no switches and the problem is there doesnt seem to be enough wires in the kit, there are like 2 on both sides and there are 7 total coming off the stock switches. Have no idea how to figure out what goes where and I dont want to fry anything. Does anyone have a pic or a diagram of what wires go to each of the 7 contacts on the switch computer chip thing?

Friday, August 26, 2005 2:02 PM
get a haynes or a chiltons wiring diagram. 4 wires on the switch will go to the motors. one to power, one to ground, and one is to illuminate the switches. If you still need the info, reply to the thread and I'll find it for you

XX.XXX AT XX.XXX, HITTING THE TRACK SEPT. 3RD, 2005...
Friday, August 26, 2005 5:05 PM
i wish i had my paper up at school with me i'd be able to give you a pic of the diagram but it's at home with my car. i had to take a test light to dave (2 uniq)'s switches so i could figure out what was what.

-john
Friday, August 01, 2014 12:52 AM
im doing this same thing... y have the complete for doors, and the wiring form a 2003 going to a 96
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search