Why does my system still sound like crap? - Page 2 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Why does my system still sound like crap?
Monday, July 22, 2013 12:45 PM
You are one entertaining dude.

Monday, July 22, 2013 1:42 PM
I installed professionally for 10 years. Jason is correct.

If someone believes that anything Sony produced was worth while, then they have not actually experienced anything that truly was quality.

I see nothing has changed with the JBO in the last 5 years.........

^CLICK ME TO SEE HOW I BUILT EVERYTHING^ How To in Interior Forum
Monday, July 22, 2013 1:54 PM
Sony car audio is crap... always has been, and always will be. That's not their focus.

My Sony TV and PS3 however, different story.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 10:02 PM
Mennitti wrote:I installed professionally for 10 years. Jason is correct.

If someone believes that anything Sony produced was worth while, then they have not actually experienced anything that truly was quality.

I see nothing has changed with the JBO in the last 5 years.........

Was just about to say... been out of this forum for a good while, pick one thread to check into and this is what I get. One post telling the guy get some basic tuning on his amp and wiring advice, which most likely will help his situation, and then a full page + of 2 stubborn opposing views arguing in someone else's thread.... same old same old.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 9:19 AM
Jeff Bedford wrote:If and when i get something else i'm lookin at a set of Kaption 4x6's for under a hundred bux
Oh boy.

This thread made an amusing read, but if anyone thinks getting their system to sound better will involve a cheap set of 4x6's, they'd best just forget about car audio.

Sunday, October 06, 2013 7:18 AM
Alright, been a while posting in this thread so here goes... Sony's; Came with the car, BIG DEAL. Now that i'm getting use to my new head unit figured out they now don't sound too bad. Don't like it.... @!#$ YOU! Had a guy at a shop thinking i had a 10" in the trunk

MY CAR, MY CHOICE, GROW UP!

If you think i should get something better than sent me a blank check and i'll gladly install what you want me to.

In the beginning ALL I WANTED TO STATE was if anyone had ideas why i was getting such a bad sound. Turns out it was the settings on the headunit had to be fiddled with. Now i'm not so disapointed. Thanks for the help to those who wanna rag on my choices. You'll be getting a gift wrapped up hunk of @!#$ from me for Christmas.

To those who wanna talk @!#$ and nat back and forth? Grab a life, grow up and be a little more helpful in general. Its not too had to do
Tuesday, October 08, 2013 7:30 AM
Hahahahaha.

I love e-thugs that get sand in their vagina because they ask for help on something and don't like the answer.

If you can't take criticism, stay off internet forums. You're going to get good and bad advice, and opinions. Deal with it.

Jeff Bedford wrote:GROW UP!
Seems to me you need to take your own advice.

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 10:19 AM
This makes me want to design a sub box....carry on...

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, October 08, 2013 12:34 PM
what's the point of spending thousands of dollars for a sound system on a cavalier?

is this real life?
Friday, October 18, 2013 4:41 PM
Mr. Quick wrote:Hahahahaha.

I love e-thugs that get sand in their vagina because they ask for help on something and don't like the answer.

If you can't take criticism, stay off internet forums. You're going to get good and bad advice, and opinions. Deal with it.

Jeff Bedford wrote:GROW UP!
Seems to me you need to take your own advice.

In the original post all i asked was why, causes, fixes.... not crappin on what my choices might be made in the past or the future.
Friday, July 18, 2014 6:09 PM
I agree. I had a Sony explode "1000" watt amp, which a 300 alpine amplifier would out muscle. I'm currently running a sundown 1200d amp on 3 kenwood excelon 10s, and a 360 watt alpine amp on the highs. I'll never mess with Sony amps again.pushing Kenwood excelon mids and highs also. The Sony explode amp would not do the rated 1000 watts. The sundown products will do more than rated however. They are a bit pricy though.

Friday, August 08, 2014 9:14 AM
Sony is far from being crap, I run my Sony head unit to a good amplified 500 watt 15 inch sub in the trunk and believe me when I say it sounds amazing!! Sure ,if you run standard 6 inch and 6x9 speakers with no decent amp forget about it ,but throw in some power anything above 500 watts and your golden!

BLACKMANTIS
Friday, August 08, 2014 9:20 AM
CADENCE -ROCKVILLE AMPLIFIED 500W 15INCH SUB BOX IS HOT! AND CHEAP AT ONLY $90 SHIPPED

BLACKMANTIS
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search