Pioneer AVH X1600DVD help - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pioneer AVH X1600DVD help
Friday, February 27, 2015 12:27 PM
I just picked up this head unit, will be putting it in my '01 Sunfire shortly. I'm trying to find out the easiest place to hook up the purple and white reverse gear signal input wire, without having to run it back to the reverse lamps. Also, for the green parking brake wire, that should hook up somewhere down underneath the center console near the brake lever correct?

Re: Pioneer AVH X1600DVD help
Friday, February 27, 2015 4:27 PM
I have a '96 sunfire so the wiring is a little different so i cant help you there, but ill warn you. you might wanna check the mounting depth on that HU. the sunfires (mine does idk about yours being a later model) have a metal plate behind the radios that totally screws you out of mounting depth. I cut mine off to fit a larger HU in but it was also a mounting point for a ground so youd have to relocate that. Just a headsup if you didnt already know. other than that have fun with that thing dude.
Friday, February 27, 2015 8:21 PM
oh yeah, I'd read about that little detail so I'm prepared on that front. Thanks for the heads up on it though.I've got a rough idea of where to look for those wire connections but hopefully someone can give me a better idea before I head out into this 20 degree weather I've got up here. I think I picked the wrong time of the year to upgrade my system.
Friday, February 27, 2015 9:46 PM
no time like the present. i found that if i dont do something right then and there i lose all motivation for it. (i.e replacing my brakes and busted window motors, bought the parts, never isntalled them) but getting out in cold weather and doing car audio is what led to me blowing a 125.6db in my 96 sunfire convertible on a single very overpowered 12" XD
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search