let's see them stereos! - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
let's see them stereos!
Monday, August 17, 2015 9:26 PM
I'd like to see what everyone is running for sub stage. I'm a huge bass head and love seeing what people have especially in a j body like my 2000 cavalier!

Here is mine 2 PSI platform 2 12s

Re: let's see them stereos!
Thursday, August 20, 2015 10:11 PM
I'm surprised there's no responses. I know the audio scene isn't as popular as it use to be but not one. I was interested too in seeing some custom trunks, kicks etc. Maybe get some db scores too! Aaron. Prob get better sound facing ur subs the other way. They kinda look like 10's? What's with the big bolt? Anyways here is a pic of my box. Nothing special but sounds decent and themed to my car. Single 12inch alpine type r w/ 1000w boss amp, alpine components and a kenwood deck. Around 140dbs
Attachments
DSC_0395.JPG (1025k)

ReD RaiN
Friday, August 21, 2015 5:36 AM
here is mine in my 99 cavalier

Friday, August 21, 2015 5:21 PM
Here is my setup two kicker comp 12's with an 800watt pioneer amp. Kenwood components/deck and a 600watt sony amp for the components. You can still put the rear seat up and use it as well. I was going for a close to factory look.

False wall where the amps mount. My trunk was dusty due to bodywork.

Friday, August 21, 2015 10:48 PM
Austin Stilwell wrote:Here is my setup two kicker comp 12's with an 800watt pioneer amp. Kenwood components/deck and a 600watt sony amp for the components. You can still put the rear seat up and use it as well. I was going for a close to factory look.

False wall where the amps mount. My trunk was dusty due to bodywork.

[URL=http://s1309.photobucket.com/user/astilwell611/media/cavalier%20progress/2014-06-23_19-48-58_963_zps10094892.jpg.html [/URL]

I like the false wall idea and usage of the rear seat
Attachments
1375201595626.jpg (9k)

ReD RaiN
Friday, August 21, 2015 10:52 PM
Alysha Kotlan wrote:here is mine in my 99 cavalier

I like the box minus the center console but been following ur progress so it suites well. Those subs alpine?

ReD RaiN
Friday, August 21, 2015 10:59 PM
Sry for the attatchment austin. Not even sure where or how that pic got there.. Anyways keep the pics comin ppl!

ReD RaiN
Saturday, August 22, 2015 5:39 PM
yes they are alpine, system consists of
4 Alpine Type 4 SWR-12D2 1000w/each rms subs.
2 Alpine MRX-M240 2400w/each rms amps.
1 Exile SM4004 amp.
4 Pioneer TS-D1720C components and tweeters.
Pioneer AVH-X4600BT double din head unit.
Sunday, August 23, 2015 12:55 AM
T!m8!t
That's weird cuz that's a pic of my setup. Lol hmmm

Sunday, August 23, 2015 9:59 PM
Lol wtf..

ReD RaiN
Monday, August 24, 2015 8:00 PM
Lol oh well.

Thursday, August 27, 2015 5:40 AM

^CLICK ME TO SEE HOW I BUILT EVERYTHING^ How To in Interior Forum
Thursday, August 27, 2015 4:36 PM
Man I have always loved your interior! And your stereo setup!

Thursday, September 03, 2015 6:57 PM

Baffle board for 2 15 inch subs with 2 6 inch ports

Custom made deck plate......super cool at night time.
Tuesday, October 13, 2015 9:00 PM
My Car PC setup isn't pretty, nor is it very high quality... But it was fun to build!

Pioneer XMVH-560BT head unit, JBL GTO6428 4x6 speakers in the front, stock 6x9s in the rear, cheap 12" MTX sub and amp combo.

The Car PC is an Intel NUC NUC5CPYH with 2 GB of RAM, an Intel Celeron, 128GB Samsung SSD all running Windows 8.1. Up front, I have a CarTFT CTF700-CT 7" capacitive touch screen on a RAM mount. I made a DIN mount out of some angle iron and bolted it all into place on a double din mount with the head unit.

Software wise, I'm running Winamp with a skin that I downloaded from MP3car and modified as I went. I'm also using Copilot Live for GPS navigation.

Full build log is here: http://www.mp3car.com/worklogs/158290-carpc-in-a-2004-chevrolet-cavalier.html
Tuesday, November 03, 2015 7:23 PM
I have since removed the rf amp and am running the subs in coherent stereo. If any of you know of more kappa perfect 12's or 12.1's and soundstream reference amps please let me know.
Attachments
IMAG0054.jpg (1148k)

My sig- "Doing what needs to be done, although satisfactory, is a far cry from what can be done."
Tuesday, November 03, 2015 7:25 PM
Here is the thread for mine: http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=4&i=172782&t=172782

That is 1/0 running to the back to my second battery which is a marine deep cycle.
In my cav I had 3 batteries, ran for 3 and a half days down to 10.1 volts before I noticed my alternator was shot! lolz Still started and the subs were still just as loud, Hooray for Current!!

My sig- "Doing what needs to be done, although satisfactory, is a far cry from what can be done."
Tuesday, November 03, 2015 9:49 PM
U shouldn't need two batteries and killing altenators with those subs.. Try a class d amp and call it a day. Also if ur running the subs without an amp, don't expect the deck to last to long

ReD RaiN
Wednesday, November 04, 2015 2:39 PM
A, I had three batteries so I could stick weld and jumpstart larger trucks, which I have done on several occasions. It's nice to have with my inverter as well.
B, I threw the second battery in the grand am because I had it, needed to run wire back for the subs anyway. Haven't you ever seen guys use capacitors before? Except that an extra battery is much better than a similarly priced cap.
C, No, not killing alternators, it was the original and had 175,000 miles on it, not surprised it went
D, What are you smoking? What head unit could power 2 12" subs? I mean, I guess I could run a sub off of a 50w leg but why?

Wednesday, November 04, 2015 2:40 PM
I only removed the rf amp, the ss is still there.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search