My sound system - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My sound system
Tuesday, July 21, 2015 5:41 AM
My subwoofers.
2 12" infinity kappa perfect 12's(12.1) in a slightly undersized sealed box, no liner or fill but there is ample amounts of flex seal if that counts for anything, lolz
Soundstream reference 500 Class A 600W
Rockford Fosgate T500.2 Class D 600W
My head unit is a pioneer deh-p4700mp 50wx4

The in cabin speakers are all still stock and unfortunately the driver door speaker is blown. I just got finished putting a new head unit, wires, and speakers in my buddy's celica so the cash he gives me for that work is going to go towards new speakers for my car, I have a usx-4085 I am going to use for those. In the picture you can see the corner of the marine deep cycle I put in the trunk, I have another battery that will go in the other corner.

My sig- "Doing what needs to be done, although satisfactory, is a far cry from what can be done."

Re: My sound system
Tuesday, July 21, 2015 6:51 AM
Forgot the pics, here they be.
Attachments
IMAG0054.jpg (1148k)

My sig- "Doing what needs to be done, although satisfactory, is a far cry from what can be done."
Tuesday, July 21, 2015 6:52 AM
more pics
Attachments
IMAG0029.jpg (987k)
IMAG0033.jpg (866k)

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 6:53 AM
and another
Attachments
IMAG0030.jpg (1116k)

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 7:10 PM
So one amp per sub? or which of the two amps is powering the subs and what is the other amp supplying it's power to? those are some nice subs btw , and amps too specially that soundstream it's know as an sq oriented amp , good for mids and tweeters.

peformance parts for sale!! Click:
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/engine/62265/
Tuesday, November 03, 2015 7:14 PM
Yeah, was one amp per sub. I have since removed the rf. I didn't like them firing at different rates and with the rf only having one good channel I wasn't gaining any more power. I want to get another soundstream, it won't net me more than like 50 more watts but each one will only be half as worked and they will last longer. I really need to get a line voltage amp or another head unit with a dedicated sub out.

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 7:14 PM
My nice avic n-2 is in my cav, I am stuck with this deh-mp6700 in my grand am.

Tuesday, November 03, 2015 7:15 PM
*deh-p4700mp

Thursday, November 05, 2015 7:26 PM
Yeah those sounstreams are good amps , well truly there is a lot of good amps out there like phoenix gold old school, orion , jl audio, ppi, boston acoustics , us amps and the list goes on , the more high end like mosconi, sinfoni, etc..

My head unit is a pioneers deh 80 prs which is a sound quality head unit with good audio tuning tools , 3 way active capabilities it has 3 pair of rca outs, highs, mids, and subs/low's so the headunit is separating freqs. internally " when in network mode" , 24bit digital to analog burr brown converters , 16 band eq , time alignment ect. i recommend this head unit makes i me smile every time a crank it up and i can adjust x-over points and slopes on the fly while cruising .
The amp i run my system is a jl audio hd 900/5 100 watts rms from channels 1-4 and channel 5 is a subwoofer dedicated channel that puts out 500 rms so i run channels 1&2 for tweeters , 3&4 for mids and last channel for sub , this little jl audio amp gets the job done also recommend this one , but is pricey.

peformance parts for sale!! Click:
http://www.j-body.org/classifieds/engine/62265/
Saturday, December 19, 2015 7:09 AM
Yeah, that amp does seem pretty good. I prefer class A and to have completely separate amps for each line but if you want a clean not bulky install and acknowledge the fact that a car is hardly a place for hi-fidelity than yeah I am overdoing it and you got it right.

I know that a car can be a good sound system but it takes a lot. I did notice that hardcast brand duct sealant tape is strangely similar to the tape you put on the inside of doors so they don't sound tinny. I haven't checked price but it's probably cheaper.

Saturday, December 19, 2015 7:15 AM
Meant to note I finally pushed my self two weeks ago to get this: (dead link)www.mcmelectronics.com/product/MCM-CUSTOM-AUDIO-50-14820-/50-14820

It's a line level amp for my sub signal. Much better now not having to mess with the head units settings to pump up the bass I mounted it right next to my leg, although I have to move it 4 inches cuz It hits my leg. I did it at night once the kids went to bed, too excited and tired to check if it would hit before I screwed it in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, August 06, 2021 5:30 PM

Tuesday, July 04, 2017 10:48 AM
I can't able to add or upload picture, I don't know why?
Tuesday, July 04, 2017 6:50 PM
Marklin Pinazo wrote:I can't able to add or upload picture, I don't know why?
The image is probably too large. You likely need to resize it and possibly reformat it to a .jpg. You can use Irfanview for this. A great free program with NO adware/spyware.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search