ECM relocation - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ECM relocation
Sunday, January 14, 2007 8:09 PM
ok now i didnt know where to put this but it does deal with electronics. i am wondering where i would relocate my ecm or pcm or whichever it is that has to be relocated for the strut bars. im not needing it for the strut bar but i am trying to relocate all the wiring and get it to be as basic of an engine bay as possible. eventually i will get crazy with the engine bay but right now im just trying to simplify it. if anybody has info as to how i could relocate it i would appreciate it. thanks in advance.

Re: ECM relocation
Monday, January 15, 2007 3:54 PM
dude ok somebody had to of done this to install a strut bar or something. even if it may be useless to me right now id still like to simplify my engine bay. not to mention it will make it easier when it comes to washing the engine bay as i wont have to worry about the electronics getting wet and shorting out.
Thursday, January 18, 2007 2:42 PM
ok so i take it NOOOO body on the org has relocated their PCM or ECM when installing a strut tower bar? well i dunno. how hard would it be to relocate it? i could just extend the wires to it right? well if anybody can at least tell me that answer then that would be great. thanks for any info...
Thursday, January 18, 2007 2:59 PM
1. Remove the bracket from the ECU.
2. Unplug ecu.
3. Pull wires through existing hole in the firewall.
4. Plug ecu back in.
5. Stuff ECU under the dash.
Thursday, January 18, 2007 9:06 PM
ok thank you.... thats all i wanted to know i hadnt done anything like that and i didnt think it was as simple as that i figured id have to keep it in the engine bay unless i lengthened the wires.... anyways thanks man appreciate it.
Friday, January 19, 2007 8:10 AM
the ecu has some pretty long wires and should go into the interior pretty easy, i'll be doing this in the next few weeks soon as i get finished redoing the wiring.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, January 19, 2007 4:39 PM
I just mounted mine on the fire wall and I hd to grind down the strut bar bracket a little so i can mount the cruise control wires in the same spot. BTW the was to use a strut bar off a 95-99 vert.

Friday, January 19, 2007 7:48 PM
dnacustoms wrote:I just mounted mine on the fire wall and I hd to grind down the strut bar bracket a little so i can mount the cruise control wires in the same spot. BTW the was to use a strut bar off a 95-99 vert.

I do not recommend this. Heat can really affect the ECU. Being that you are N/A might not be a big deal. I know with Turbo Ecotec the heat can cause the ECU to act up. Still in those pictures it is much closer to the exhaust than in stock form. I would be concerned.

FU Tuning

Sunday, June 21, 2020 4:20 PM
does anyone know if they make ecm extensions to move the ecm inside the cab or do I have to extend each wire. Any information is greatly app
Monday, July 13, 2020 10:52 AM
LIVID wrote:1. Remove the bracket from the ECU.
2. Unplug ecu.
3. Pull wires through existing hole in the firewall.
4. Plug ecu back in.
5. Stuff ECU under the dash.

Just how far would you move it to need an extension?
Monday, July 13, 2020 7:51 PM
On my 03 the wires were long enough to move the ECU/PCM/whatever you want to call it, to under the wiper cowl.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search