the question from the noob. - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
the question from the noob.
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 8:44 PM
Ok. I'll get to the topic at hand. I know alot about engines and that stuff, but when it comes to car audio, I know jack sh!t. I know that subs make a "boom" sound and head units can be pretty, but thats it.

I was looking at subs, but I dont know even where to start. 10" or 12"? Sealed or ported box? 2 or 3 subs? What kind of amp? How do I power the amp and where do I wire all this together?

Basically, I want a some more bass for my rap and rock, nothing that'll set off car alarms or that stuff.

If you need my car info, look in my reg.

Thanks for any help.

**and i searched, im not spending hours through a plethora of information**

Drive it like you stole it.

Re: the question from the noob.
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 9:49 PM
Why havnt u mentioned 15's and like 6 subs? i say get like 6 15" Solo Baric L7's 4ohm DVC's and 6 JBL1200.1's.....i dont think that would set off car alarms....?

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 4:00 AM
Get 2 10" woofers, you only need like 120 rms each to make them bump enough. I would go sealed as well.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 1:51 PM
I'd also say 2 10's. Look at their RMS rating then pick out an amp that matches that RMS rating.. .. the amp should come with instructions, its pretty straight forward really.
Stay sealed unless you want a giant box in your trunk that will shake your brains..
If you are debating between 2 and 3.. I'd say 2.. though 1 will sound just as good once its set correctly. Pick out some amps and subs and someone will tell you what they think. Try not to buy anything without auditioning it first..

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search