My new Box - Page 2 - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: My new Box
Saturday, February 19, 2005 12:45 PM
k sorry bout the delay but it will eb tuned to its resonating frequency of 34 hz im just questioning my self how high i want it to hit

Saturday, February 19, 2005 2:12 PM
hey gus i meant to say 34to60hz

Monday, February 21, 2005 11:07 PM
well im building the box this week, its taking 3 sheets of 5/8" MDF, were making itin thirds so we can install it and tae it out anytime i want, liek for longer trips etc...., but ill be sure to updatemy cardomain as it goes on

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 10:29 PM
well shes almost done ater many hours of cutting and auto-cad i thikn i have it almost perfected as of tomorow i will 100% complete and possibly installed the plans changed as well it was becoming difficult to get those corner the volume came down, but ohh well, ill post some pics for those who wish to enjoy, and keep in mind this is for 2 10' clarion pxw's subwoofers

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 10:35 PM
Please please tell me that is not all the port you are using for that big of a box?

Mike Roth
I wish I had a system
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 10:52 PM
no im finishing the other port tomorow

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 8:36 AM
the rf is not 34 hz I can tell you that much. try more like 46-49 hz. and I have two 15s and can fit three people in the trunk. thats the only way I can get five in my cara now.
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 10:57 AM
see i still have one more port to make, and its an abc style box not your regular style, of box, not just your subs puchign throung one chamber, thats we got it to 34 hz, theres reason why i said it is 100% complete yet, ti shall be nuts

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 11:03 AM
PXW 1041 (SVC) and PXW 1042 (DVC) 4ohm coils, 300W RMS 600W max, 62oz Magnet structure, x-max 7.5mm, glass fiber cone.

Optimal enclosure sealed
0.99 cubic feet/sub
Fb = 28 Hz
F3 = 38 Hz

Optimal enclosure vented/bass reflex
1.34 cubic feet/sub
port size=3"x10.5"
Fb = 38 Hz
F3 = 36 Hz

This information is taken directly out of the 2004 clarion product guide for dealers...
If I sold you these subs, and you fried them because that box is WAY TOO BIG, you would have a hard time getting warranty from me!!!! They are not designed to run free air....at a box that size they are going to be the sloppiest sounding subs out there!!!

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence you tried!
Wednesday, March 16, 2005 11:06 AM
^^^^^ not trying to step on your feet, but someone had to put out the facts,,,
sorry

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 12:08 PM
lol k than explain this to me http://www.cardomain.com/id/greeddennis1, he hit 142.1 with a smaller box, his subs arent rated as good, and now his box is 8 cubes done tell me whats not gonna work, ive seen it work, ill show you it works, as for sloppy i prolly wont get great sound when u open the trunk, but when do you ever listen to your system wiht your trunk lid open, as for those subs when i get some more money i will be ugrading to a much better 10 prolly mofos from Power Accostik, but yah, the free air is being shot out, so it really doesnt work like one at all, as long as u know what your doing when u build your boxhttp://www.cardomain.com/id/greeddennis1, its called ABC, plus they are nto designed to run free air when in a sealed box

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 12:49 PM
hmmmm still think hes a bit looney build such a huge box. i want videos or pics to prove it

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 1:10 PM
^^^^^ ditto !!
I have 2 12" power HX2's in a 2.75 cubic foot box ( for both subs ) and are powered by
2 500a2's , and I hit 153.3....why would I ever want an eight cubic foot box. These subs hit hard and tight ( kind of like a good woman) They'd be sloppy as all hell in a bigger box. I too want to see some numbers and pics when you're done.

Sunday, March 20, 2005 12:35 PM
JB wrote:lol k than explain this to me http://www.cardomain.com/id/greeddennis1, he hit 142.1

And I know people that do 150's with one 12" sub so what's your point? 142 isn't impressive at all to me. I know a couple guys who have done that with one 8". Mark, you know who I'm talking about.
JB wrote:
his subs arent rated as good

Which means nothing in this case.

Mike Roth
I wish I had a system
Sunday, March 20, 2005 2:50 PM
Hey Cavi in KC, yeah i know people can get better and higher numbers, have you ever heard of John Nolte and his two 6.5's and only 200 watts power to them hitting 140 db, and hitting frequencies you only wish you and your friends could hit. Thats my goal, to design boxes based on the usage of less and less power and smaller subs and still hit notes that would baffle your brain. Sure 142.1 db isnt too loud for two tens i know, but its farily good, and its not always all about how loud u can hit sure you can hit 150 at some stupid frequency but if u cant hit nothing else its pointless. But if you can hit high as well as low notes and produce them really well at loud volumes and it not get sloppy and bog out thats when u know u have it figured.

P.S. that box on my website, www.cardomian.com/id/greeddennis1 ya that one the big one in the back of my truck with the two tens, i have yet to get that one tested. The thing is it produces very hard hitting bass from i dont remember down till 30-40 hz even at loud volume and doesnt get very even at the low ones. I'll get back at you with the "from" point, I havent played a decent bass test in awhile with the stepped Hz.

Anyways feel free to ask questions and tell me off all you want, it just pushes me even furtur to make a better enclosure. And when a competition comes ill report back to you guys with a number of which it hits.
Sunday, March 20, 2005 3:47 PM
Hey, if you like the boxes, you like the boxes. I've heard a couple boxes he designed and they don't impress me. I don't like the idea. If I want my subs to produce mid freq I'll design a sub that is meant for it. If I want my mids to produce sub bass, I'll design a mid to do it.

I don't understand what the point of using 6.5"s or 10"s and building such a huge box. That makes no sense to me at all. Why would I do that when I can buy a good 15" use half the space, get the same lows, then buy a few good mids and get the same sound out of it?

Mike Roth
I wish I had a system
Sunday, March 20, 2005 4:59 PM
I see what your getting at Mike. But when you can buy cheap small stuff and make it sound just as good then what your one 15 or two twelves why not spend less and go a bit bigger with the box. It doesnt have to be quite that massive but thats how i wanted to build this box cuase it fit the back of my truck good, i have yet to downsize it for a single or two eights and maybe 6.5's and see if i can come up with something like john noltes enclosure. Theres alot going on inside of the enclosure that i have in my truck right now. You may have guessed that allready but people on here are yaping about free air @!#$, well its not just an open box with a ginormus port opening. Its way more then what you assume it to be.

So think of it that way you can save alot of money in amps and subs then you can afford to buy good mids and tweets.

Thats all im getting at, you save money, and you can show people that its possible that such small speakers and little power can do just as good or better then something twice or more it's size and way more expensive @!#$ cause theres alot of punks out there that have no idea of what goes on and think bigger, expensiver, way more powere handling is better then the little stuff, well they got it all wrong and are just suckers.
Sunday, March 20, 2005 7:10 PM
I think someone is missing the point that this isn't a sealed box, nor is it a simple ported box. If you know what an "ABC" box is, you'll understand why it's larger than normal.

think kinda like a bandpass box.
________

Had a cavalier, now I got a 99 explorer sport.....
http://www.sounddomain.com/id/davesexplorer2
SPL sound system setup, work in progress... Alpine 9807 hu
4 MA Audio X2 12" subs, 1 modded HK4000d (soon to be 2-4)
Street C next season
Sunday, March 20, 2005 7:46 PM
thank you mister dennis greening, my mad scientist

Sunday, March 20, 2005 8:11 PM
Ok davesexplorer, thank you for pointing it out that its an ABC box, what it does is lets you tune each of the chambers to its own frequency, its split up 1/3 and 2/3. So by doing that you can have a range of Hz that is usable and hits the best . im to lazy to explain anymore maybe later.
Sunday, March 20, 2005 10:59 PM
Davesexplorer wrote:I think someone is missing the point that this isn't a sealed box, nor is it a simple ported box. If you know what an "ABC" box is, you'll understand why it's larger than normal.

think kinda like a bandpass box.
________

I know what an ABC box is, I know how the work, I know how to build them. I understand why it has to be so big, I just don't like them.

Mike Roth
The system has arrived.

Monday, March 21, 2005 10:57 AM
I wasn't talking to you really, but there was like a dozen other posts basically saying wtf, why are you building such a big box? (Including me till he posted the design.)

Had a cavalier, now I got a 99 explorer sport.....
http://www.sounddomain.com/id/davesexplorer2
SPL sound system setup, work in progress... Alpine 9807 hu
4 MA Audio X2 12" subs, 1 modded HK4000d (soon to be 2-4)
Street C next season
Monday, March 21, 2005 12:39 PM
thank you dave i knwo it took time, but no one wanted to listen to me, it sounds so wicked only prob is im worried about my neighbors hehehe

Monday, March 21, 2005 2:21 PM
Davesexplorer wrote:I wasn't talking to you really, but there was like a dozen other posts basically saying wtf, why are you building such a big box? (Including me till he posted the design.)

Which is why all he had to do was say it was an ABC box in the first post and no one would have said anything.

Mike Roth
The system has arrived.
Monday, March 21, 2005 5:48 PM
why didn't you go with a snail shell for what i was tols it will have a better sound and also louder but takes up less space (from what i have been told).

also it was a snail shell not an abc box that everyone was talking about with the two 61/2's that random people from the street said sound like 12's or 15's.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search