Remaining alarm wiring questions, just a couple! - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Remaining alarm wiring questions, just a couple!
Thursday, February 17, 2005 10:47 AM
Seeing how I have had most of the previous questions answered and I now know what I'm doing, here's what I have left-

1. . How do you pull out/access the OEM door pin? Haven't fiddled with it yet, but I assume it's easy!

2. (-) horn wire, where to access it?

2. This is the part that has left me completely clueless, I have the orange/red wires on the relay hooked up, however I'm LOST when it comes to the black and black/white wire coming off of it, and what I'm supposed to do (ignore my markings ), do I need 2 relays here or what-

THANKS to everyone whom has helped and that still can .

Re: Remaining alarm wiring questions, just a coupl
Thursday, February 17, 2005 1:13 PM
Here is the wiring digram for your car, plus the location of the wires....

Clicky

Hope this helps a little,

Jay

One huge aluminum wing - $200
More vinyl graphics than your ride can handle - $150
Decals for products you don’t even have - $10
500lbs of Car Audio equipment in the trunk - $1500
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting slaughtered by a KIA - Priceless
Thursday, February 17, 2005 1:25 PM
Okay here we go again....

Joe Schulte wrote:1. . How do you pull out/access the OEM door pin? Haven't fiddled with it yet, but I assume it's easy!

Let me know when you do it. I just tapped the dome light, but that turned out to be a bad idea, because the alarm thinks that the door is open 30 seconds after you close it (because of the dealy on dome light).

Joe Schulte wrote:2. (-) horn wire, where to access it?

HORN => BLACK (-) @ STEERING COLUMN HARNESS

Joe Schulte wrote:3. This is the part that has left me completely clueless, I have the orange/red wires on the relay hooked up, however I'm LOST when it comes to the black and black/white wire coming off of it, and what I'm supposed to do (ignore my markings ), do I need 2 relays here or what

If I am reading the diagram correctly, and I like to think that I am then.....

Orange => Negative starter kill on alarm
Red => 12V constant on ignition on AND starter crank
Black => The wire in the ignition column to the starter (Yellow in the steering column to starter)
White/Black => The wire in the ignition column with the power to the starter (Yellow in the steering column with power to starter)

That should be almost all of it,

Jay

One huge aluminum wing - $200
More vinyl graphics than your ride can handle - $150
Decals for products you don’t even have - $10
500lbs of Car Audio equipment in the trunk - $1500
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting slaughtered by a KIA - Priceless
Thursday, February 17, 2005 5:31 PM
NOW INSTALLED!

Thanks again everyone, I have everything wired up and working, now I just need to unwire all of it, clean all of the wiring up by hiding it, running it together when needed, zip ties, tape, then reinstall.

$160 installation charge saved thanks to the .org and 2 posts, this is exactly why I pay for premium membership, I've wired decks/amps/misc. things, but I have to say I learned a lot here about relays and my keyless system, along with my car's wiring in general.

Friday, February 18, 2005 11:53 AM
J-kub wrote:Okay here we go again....

Joe Schulte wrote:1. . How do you pull out/access the OEM door pin? Haven't fiddled with it yet, but I assume it's easy!

Let me know when you do it. I just tapped the dome light, but that turned out to be a bad idea, because the alarm thinks that the door is open 30 seconds after you close it (because of the dealy on dome light).

Joe Schulte wrote:2. (-) horn wire, where to access it?

HORN => BLACK (-) @ STEERING COLUMN HARNESS

Joe Schulte wrote:3. This is the part that has left me completely clueless, I have the orange/red wires on the relay hooked up, however I'm LOST when it comes to the black and black/white wire coming off of it, and what I'm supposed to do (ignore my markings ), do I need 2 relays here or what

If I am reading the diagram correctly, and I like to think that I am then.....

Orange => Negative starter kill on alarm
Red => 12V constant on ignition on AND starter crank
Black => The wire in the ignition column to the starter (Yellow in the steering column to starter)
White/Black => The wire in the ignition column with the power to the starter (Yellow in the steering column with power to starter)

That should be almost all of it,

Jay

To get past your dome lights you must install a diode from each door wire to the alarm trigger.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search