passlock guru's, i need some help - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
passlock guru's, i need some help
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 9:28 AM
in the begining of jan my passlock screwed up, so after i bad cluster we put in another anc the car ran for 2 week. now its doig the same thing. i tried another cluster on sat and nothing. got yet another one today and i thought it was all good. the theft system light was flashing and i left the key forward while it flashed, then went solid. i turned the key back to off and then tried to start the car and nothing. im now getting a solid theft system light and still no cel, any one have any ideas what to do next from here?

parting out my built and boosted 97 z24 so4x4.com/cavy.html for pics and a parts list

Re: passlock guru's, i need some help
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 11:23 AM
have you changed the passlock ignition cyllinder????? could be the cause!

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence you tried!
Tuesday, February 15, 2005 1:26 PM
have the dealer flash the pcm and reprogram the anti theft thats what i had to do when i had my whole alarm fiasco

Tuesday, February 15, 2005 8:22 PM
havent changed the cylinder yet. but since the light was flashing and i had the key forward it eventually went solid, which leads me to assume that the cylinder might be good?

i went to the dealer and they basically said they couldnt reflash it, so they can @!#$ off, lol. ill try another dealership and see what they say.

thanks for all the help guys.

parting out my built and boosted 97 z24 so4x4.com/cavy.html for pics and a parts list
Wednesday, February 16, 2005 7:41 AM
when this happens and the light is flashing, you leave the key on for 10 min, it stops flashing and goes solid, DON'T turn the key off. when the light goes solid, crank the car over and start it. if you changed the IPC, I have seen in some cases up to 3 ten minute relearn cycles needed in order to get the PCM to properly learn the new r-code or "password".
Typical GM!!!

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 11:00 AM
ok thats what i did wrong, i turned the key back. now my problem is that everytime i turn the key forward the light is solid and doesnt start out as flashing.

so would the 3 10 minute relearn thing work in this case? where i turn the key forward for 10 minutes, then back to off, then forwards for 10 minutes and then one more time?

thanks for the info man, any information i can gather on this is valuable to me

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 11:10 AM
when you turn the key forward the and the light is solid, try and start the car. If it starts and dies 2 seconds later, the passlock did not learn...DON'T turn the key off, leave it 10 min. till light stops flashing, try and start car again. if it starts and dies again leave the key on, and wait another 10 min. If after 3 attemps and the "password" has not been learnt, there is something else wrong with the car. Most GM's will learn the password on the first cycle, but like I said, I've seen it take 3 attempts.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 11:23 AM
thats the problem, i turn the key forward and the light is solid, the fuel pump doesnt turn on either, no check engine light. if i try to start it it just cranks. ive held the key forward for 10 minutes, then key off and tried to start it and nothing. the first time i put the cluster in the light flashed, i had the key forward till it stopped, then i turned the key back and then tried to start it and nothing. lights been solid ever since, doesnt go to flashing at all, doesnt even start, just cranks

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 12:16 PM
check and make sure your fuel pump fuse and relay are ok......is your pump priming for 3-4 seconds when you first turn your key on????

Wednesday, February 16, 2005 7:43 PM
thats the thing, its not even turning on, i cant hear it. i checked the fuse for it and its fine. it did this the first time this problem happened to me, where the fuel pressure would drop off my guage completely. ive been told by a few people that when the passloc is activatd it shuts off the fuel pump relay as one of the things to keep the car from being stolen.

even then if it was fuel pump related, the theft system light wouldnt constantly be on and when i turn the key on from the off position it would turn the cel on for atleast a few seconds and its not even doing that.

if you can, add me to msn, turbocav@hotmail.com
if you dont mind anyways, maybe i can pick your brain on there and get a result a little quicker.

thansk again for the help

Thursday, February 17, 2005 9:07 AM
If the fuse for the fuel pump is ok try changing the fuel pump relay....first just switch it with the other one beside it...if your pump still does not prime....it might be the pump itself...

Thursday, February 17, 2005 9:08 AM
^^^^^^^P.S. I added you to my MSN messenger....is that what you asked for????

Thursday, February 17, 2005 12:03 PM
ok thanks man, i dont think my ac relay is working either so im waiting to get another one from a buddy at work and ill try that.

if its the pump itself, wouldnt the check engine light still turn on when i turned the key forward ? im gonna try a new relay by the end of the weekend and ill see how it works for me

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search