Stock cd plater with 12s - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Stock cd plater with 12s
Saturday, March 05, 2005 9:21 PM
I have a 98 Z24 that has the stock cd player. Im on a limited budget and I was just wondering if your can hook up an amp and subs to a stock head unit. I realize I wouldnt get the most power out of the subs but thats alright with me. thanks

Re: Stock cd plater with 12s
Saturday, March 05, 2005 9:34 PM
Yeah, you can hook up subs to your stock head unit. I had 2 12"s hooked up to my factory unit for about 6 months before i reaplaced it. You have to buy a part that takes signal from your factory speaker wire and converts it into an RCA cable. Then you just run the rca to your amp. Not the best way to hook up an amp, but it will work if its what you want. I got mine at circuit city.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Tsunami-RCA-Line-Output-Converter-FLLOC600-/sem/rpsm/oid/89601/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/American-International-Line-Output-Converter-SLC400CL-/sem/rpsm/oid/80943/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
Saturday, March 05, 2005 9:45 PM
dont sound to bad you just find your finger on the bass nob trying to get it to sound right with every song

Hondas Are LIke Tampons...Every Pussy Needs One.
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 5:20 PM
David, which one of those from those links you sent me did you use, just wondering
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 8:04 PM
if you can, find an amp with high/speaker level inputs. You just splice you're stock speakers into the harness it comes with and it will sound much better than the rca converter, but still not as good as an aftermarket head unit.

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
"Only on the outside, craka."
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search