Question about Navigation and Clarion VRX925VD ??? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Question about Navigation and Clarion VRX925VD ???
Thursday, March 10, 2005 5:53 AM
I am getting the indash for 550$(Good Deal?) and need to know How would I hook up a navigation system to this in dash? I read somewhere that it is made for it but I am new to these and have a lot of questions. How would an in dash DVD player install, like a CD player? Also how do I get the navigation to work and where would I buy the navigation? Are there any extra wires have to run fo this tv?

1998 Z24 Convertible 5 Speed

Re: Question about Navigation and Clarion VRX925VD
Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:11 AM
First, yes, it would install in the dash just like an aftermarket CD player. However, looking at the owner's manual, it looks like it also has a hideaway unit that you would also need to mount somewhere. Under the passenger seat, for example. The in-dash part would have power wires, and a single cable that then goes to that master unit hidden away (which would also need power too.). The master unit has your RCA ins and outs on IT, so you don't need to run RCAs into the dash.

It doesn't look like a bad unit at all ( check here , but I haven't been able to verify that it can be hooked to a navigation unit yet. If Clarion has an add-on navigation system that utilizes their "CeNet" wiring, I would imagine it can be used (the CeNet is what they use to hook different components to each other, in a Clarion System, like a CD Changer, or Satellite Radio..etc.).

I have seen other people post in forums though, that the add-on is available for navigation. If so, it would basically be a unit that looks like the master unit that this comes with, which would need a few wiring connections to be made, plus a CeNet cable (which should be included) to hook into that master unit. I've checked Clarion's website, but couldn't find much. So I'd definately research whether or not they have one, especially if that's a feature you really want.

Also, remember that this unit (and it's a decent price, btw), doesn't have a built-in TV tuner. So you can watch DVDs, play CDs, and the radio all with it, but if you want to tune into a TV station, you'll need an add-on TV Tuner unit as well.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search