What is needed for installing a Pioneer on a 2000? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What is needed for installing a Pioneer on a 2000?
Friday, March 11, 2005 7:55 AM
I have a Premier deck that I am going to be putting in my car. I wondered if there is anything that extra that I needed when putting it in. Also I have that RB-20 adapter for a set of outputs. I lost the info for installation on it, does anyone know how that wires in? Thanks for all the help!

---------------------------------------------
2000 Cavalier Z24 A4 Green Met.

Re: What is needed for installing a Pioneer on a 2
Friday, March 11, 2005 8:00 PM
if ya haven't done one, pay the 40 bucks and let someone do it for you.......i dicked around with one before and lost panel lights. you'll probably need a dash kit / face plate kit...........can get at crappy tire or anystore.........about 20 bucks, might, shouldn't, but might need wiring harness......might want to put another post up asking about wiring diagrams, from there all ya need is electric tape and something to sodder with

Friday, March 11, 2005 10:18 PM
get a wiring harness for a 2000 chevy tracker. ppl will want to sell you a t-harness for the cavalier which is useless. you will however need to tap into the wiper fuse for a turn on lead. nothing too hard. get a metra dash kit, preferably a flush mount kit. it looks way better. here are some instructions i posted in another thread on how to remove the dash to install the new deck.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=4&i=96047&t=95913#96047

Peace Out!!!
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 8:47 AM
dod you loose all the warning sounds with this set up.
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 10:14 AM
yes, but is it that big of a deal? it only lets you know when you leave your lights on and that your keys are still in the ignition. if you had your lights on, it was probably dark and im sure ppl will notice bright lights coming from the car and then turn them off.

Peace Out!!!
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 10:16 AM
james c.: i think you meant to type 'do you'. sorry, i thought you were making a statement. lack of a question mark fooled me. YES you lose the warning chimes but like i said, its not a big deal. i like mine without chimes. so quiet.

Peace Out!!!
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 3:09 PM
James, this way is cheap and works, but like you said - yes you do lose the chimes.

You could do it the way I did it (still don't know if it was worth it lol), and get the expensive Metra harness that keeps chimes and all that jizz jazz. It was 115 canadian, whereas the geo tracker one was about 20-25 bucks canadian.
Decide whether you need them that much, and is it worth the extra cost to you.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 3:14 PM
If you go to Circuit City do not tell them that the tracker harness is for a cavalier, they'll refuse to sell it to you because it "disables your airbags". This is total b.s. and it's a sales tactic they use to get you to buy a T-Harness that is about $40 more expensive than what you need. Best Buy will not give you any problems.
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 1:19 PM
OK so I went to best buy. The Guy there was kool i told him i was loooking for a tracker harness and he knew what i was doing right away. Guess he saw me pull in in my cavalier. He informed me they do it there,also i called alot of shops around were i live and they all said they can use the 100 buck t- harness, or wack me 40 bucks to do the way here. GEE if shops are doing this it must be safe. Just waiting on my new deck harness.
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 1:19 PM
Enrique R. wrote:get a wiring harness for a 2000 chevy tracker. ppl will want to sell you a t-harness for the cavalier which is useless. you will however need to tap into the wiper fuse for a turn on lead. nothing too hard. get a metra dash kit, preferably a flush mount kit. it looks way better. here are some instructions i posted in another thread on how to remove the dash to install the new deck.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=4&i=96047&t=95913#96047

You have to take all that stuff off just to get that piece off that surrounds the radio?? I though you could just pull that certain piece off.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 1:50 PM
dont' forget an antenna adapter

--------------------------------------------------------------
Offical dealer for the following-

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 2:50 PM
yeah travis, all of that. you have to remove the top part to get to some screws that hold the bezel in place. its very easy though.

Peace Out!!!
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 12:19 AM
i like how people are saying the air bag will be disabled if you dont get the right harness. what a steamy pile of crap. gm has done some dumb things but wire an air bag through a radio....my buddy bought some odd harness and still had to keep his factory radio hooked up under the seat.
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 3:17 PM
Enrique R. wrote:yeah travis, all of that. you have to remove the top part to get to some screws that hold the bezel in place. its very easy though.

Ok I will attempt that!! It looks like some work, but I have never did anything like that before!!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search