Where To Put 1Gauge Power Line???? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Where To Put 1Gauge Power Line????
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 9:43 AM
Im Trying To Wire A 1 Gauge Power Line From The Batter To The Trunk. The Only Problem Is Where The Hell Am I Going To Hide Such A Thick Wire, And How Do You Properly Remove The Door KickPannels(runners) Properly From The Drivers Side. The damn hood switch is preventing me to get started.

Thanks,
T.K

Re: Where To Put 1Gauge Power Line????
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 10:11 AM
i ran mine from the battery around the fuse box behind the engine and into the cabin via the boot around the steering column ...i think...ill go out and look in a bit.... then down my drivers side under the plastic piece that goes along your door ( to take it off...all i did was grab and pull....it came out...ummm...took out the rear seat, kept running it along the drivers side of the cabin under the seat and then poof, your in the trunk (as for the hood switch i went over it....i think ...ill have to check for sure....)
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 12:46 PM
same ^^^^^ with a 1/0 guage wire its not hard and never visible

!!!jbody Customs!!! yo hit me up if you need anything!
streetfire2006
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 7:12 PM
i gutted the whole car, drilled a .89" hole for a 0 gauge grommett, then routed the wire along the floor, etc. to the trunk....it was a blast!

Lookin' Stock - For Now!
Thursday, March 10, 2005 3:54 AM
Craig Allan wrote:i gutted the whole car, drilled a .89" hole for a 0 gauge grommett, then routed the wire along the floor, etc. to the trunk....it was a blast!

you know you're lying. big wire is a biatch to work with
Thursday, March 10, 2005 8:19 AM
I got 1/0 guage wire for my system too, and I have a 4 gauge wire running to the amp under the passenger seat. (for my components) the 0 guage I have running through that rubber like huge gromet thing that all the other engine, etc wires run through, I jsut squeezed the friggin wire through there too. Then I ran it under teh hood release wire adn underneath that thin panel that runs along underneath the door when closed. the wire is completely hidden, BUT I had to remove that stupic plastic hose thing that housed all the other wires for my car, cuz that took up too much space so the panel wouldnt fit back on with the 0 guage too. Then I jsut ran it behind the rear side panel and into the trunk. As for my relay wires and remote bass boost and some other small wires though, I ran them down the center of the car under the centre console and carpet. Yes I do agree btw, 1/0 guage wire is a "biatch" to work with, especially since it doesnt bend around tight corners.
Thursday, March 10, 2005 10:16 AM
Don't forget how much fun it is to work with, when it's cold lol. I'm waiting til warmer weather to run mine.

Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:13 AM
I'm doing mine up tomorrow/saturday. Running 0 to the trunk, 4 gauge at the distro blocks. New amps eat up juice.

Beat it like it owes you money
Thursday, March 10, 2005 1:34 PM
here is how i ran mine...

it's the big silver wire..driver's side. by the orange wiring...

it then goes up under the rear panel driver's side, and around the strut tower...

up and around....

and ending here

--------------------------------------------------------------
Offical dealer for the following-

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Thursday, March 10, 2005 3:11 PM
Wysiwyg, is that 20 feet?

Beat it like it owes you money
Thursday, March 10, 2005 4:13 PM
Lanman31337 wrote:Wysiwyg, is that 20 feet?

umm...i think i bought 17 or 18. i don't remember. i cut quite a bit off though.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Offical dealer for the following-

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Thursday, March 10, 2005 5:20 PM
another option on hiding it would be to buy the "flat" wire it is a lil wider which makes it more of a pain in the ass to run through the firewall but easier to hide in the car itself, i dont know maybe it was just me but when i did it it wasnt that bad or hard and you cant even tell that it is there now. anyway i hope that i could help. Peace!
Thursday, March 10, 2005 8:43 PM
I did mine a little different. I wrapped it that wire loom stuff and taped up the whole damn thing and then ran all of that underneath the car ran along the frame rail and then came up in front of the wheel well in the trunk and drilled a hole then inserted a rubber gromet and sealed it all up. Took about an hour to do and I didnt have to take the interior apart.

Friday, March 11, 2005 3:05 PM
its easy to fit 1/0 under the plastic gaurds near the door
Friday, March 11, 2005 3:20 PM
Another suggestion its get some conduit and run it under the car

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search