what screen company should i buy? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what screen company should i buy?
Sunday, March 13, 2005 11:28 PM
Boss, Starvision, XO vision, Emerson, Phoenix digital? which brand would be the best. I know there not as good as audiovox or alpine or the higher brands of LCD but i can't afford the higher prices.

Re: what screen company should i buy?
Monday, March 14, 2005 7:17 AM
Well, it depends on your budget. A lot of inexenpensive LCDs, like Boss, look decent. But, you have to watch out for washout (when there is direct sunlight hitting the screen). Some are much worse off in direct light than others. I've seen the boss screens, but the others I haven't personally used. But, hopefully some others will post their real-world usages.

Monday, March 14, 2005 9:31 AM
out of those xo vision and starvision are the only two I have not seen personally. Phoenix digital looks awful as does boss. emerson was the best out of the three but was still nothing spectactular. I would look into power acoustik screens or fahrenheit. Made by the same company. I have one and it has suprisingly nice picture for who made it. not the best by far but better than those choices.
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 11:28 AM
I think Pyle gives awesome picture quality, at least mine does.

joe santiago
DOHC ECOtec
member of nejbody.org
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 12:31 PM
really? I had one in my old S10. It worked, as in it lit up, and you could see the picture. But I had HORRIBLE angles/washout. If I moved my head a few degrees in any direction, or the sun came up, it was done. But, if it's good for you, rock on. I never had good luck with mine.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search