electric system question??? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
electric system question???
Sunday, March 20, 2005 2:38 PM
Hey I just go a new battery this last fall and the other day it went dead when I was having some fuel system problems and like a dumb arse I just kept trying to start it til my battery went dead now....three days later my car wouldnt start last night so I had to get a jump cuz the battery didnt have enough juice to engage the starter. I left the car run about 1/2 and hour after a 20 min drive. I am running like around 800 watts, and didnt even turn on my stereo to maximize charging, I got home and now I checked the voltage and it was at like 12.7 volts REGARDLESS if the car was running or not.......So I was wondering if my battery is crap is it going to effect the overall voltage from the alternator when running cuz of the battery drawing a charge...or do you think I may have kinda weakened my alt?

Its all about the pain...The Jewelry and Ink are just souvinirs

Re: electric system question???
Sunday, March 20, 2005 6:34 PM
Yeah, its a weak alternator man. Get it replaced or get a rebuilt one and you'll be good to go again.
Sunday, March 20, 2005 6:44 PM
how bout you get it tested first?
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 4:50 AM
most auto places will check your alternator and battery for free, will take a whole 10minutes to do.

as for batteries, your standard replacement battery, if u drain it, and then recharge it, its now only going to hold half the power it did, drain it again and recharge it, and now your running on about 1/4 battery power as when it was new, this is why guys run gell cell batteries like the optimas, because u can drain them down to nothing and recharge them to full power 100's of times.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search