Harnesses in front sedan doors...??? - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Harnesses in front sedan doors...???
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 8:43 AM
OK, I have a 2000 Cav LS sedan () it has power locks, manual windows, manual mirrors. The fuse box has wiring AND fuses for power windows and power mirrors...??

BTW, I searched "harness" and only came up w/ radio, headlight, foglight, reverse indiglo

So I pulled the door panels off last night to make tinting the windows easier (go down past the weatherstripping). As soon as I pulled the driver panel off, I noticed an unused harness, and when I got to the pass side door, I noticed a similar harness. The harnesses are up near the mirrors, about 5-6" below them. Here's the pics...

Color specs:
Driver door: Blue, orange, red, brown, black
Passenger door: Brown, red, blue

My question is, what the cripes are the harnesses for?! I'd love to have some nice power windows but I know those harnesses aren't windows b/c the back doors don't have them. Also, I've taken out the center console several times, and there's no harness for the switches in there. I'm thinking it's for the mirrors. Did GM get lazy after installing all the power mirror wiring (and fuse) and then slap manual mirrors on my car? Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: Harnesses in front sedan doors...???
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 9:00 AM
thats what it sounds like....all you need to get is the driver & passenger side power mirrors and the driver side mirror control switch....then plug it all in and it should work

Lookin' Stock - For Now!
Re: Harnesses in front sedan doors...???
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 9:01 AM
Kew, kew, might be time for some aftermarket mirrors and a trip to the junkyard for the switch

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search