Stock headunit Problems - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Stock headunit Problems
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 2:32 PM
Well so will I,hese or not bit the problem is, I can listen to the radio for like 20 minutes but then i get no sound. I can switch stations but i dont even get static, i ca even switch to cd and hear it read the CD and hear it spinning but no sound. then a few hours later it magically works. Its getting annoying. I know its not the speakers because i just put in some nice Fosgate 6x9's amd some 5.25's so its not the speakers. I am guessing it must be the headunit. In that case does anyone have a good aftermarket head unit for cheap that can even play Mp3's and maybe some rca outputs? Thanks ahead of time for the help.

Re: Stock headunit Problems
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 2:49 PM
i have a alpine cd/mp3 headunit if your interested. the only thing wrong with it is that the bass and treble can't be adjusted but i'm looking into getting that fixed this weekend.
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 5:09 PM
Yeah i need to adjust the bass and treble since i have aftermarket speakers, price and pictures, any wiring harness and installation kit? how much with shipping to 61021?

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 5:31 PM
technically, yes it is your speakers.

the speakers you put in are 4 ohm, while the stock speakers are 10 ohm. meaning, that you are trying to run about 2.5 times more power from the stock headunit. if you turn up the volume for a long time, then you are overloading the radio, hence why it is turning off. get a new headunit or dont turn up the volume so much.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 5:36 PM
but if thats the case does it take time to wear out the headunit? i have had them in my car for over a month and it was fine until yesterday. so i plan on getting a new headunit here soon.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 6:36 PM
hey vincent e-mail me at EMarkle60@yahoo.com with your complete address and i'll find out how much shipping and handling will be. but other then that i'm gonna talk to somebody tomorrow about getting it fixed unless you know somebody that might be able to do it. but email me and let me know and we'll go from there.
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 6:44 PM
I did not know that about stock speakers. Learn something new every day....

"Sup, G?"
"Aren't you white?"
"Only on the outside, craka."
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 8:51 PM
Email is sent, Any pics or price?

Thursday, April 07, 2005 11:06 PM
Did you get my email?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search