Decware Wicked One sub box - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Decware Wicked One sub box
Monday, April 11, 2005 7:19 AM

^ Two variations of the design

I was gonna link to the page for Wicked One, but it's a flash site or something. http://www.decware.com Go to Speakers, then scroll down to Subwoofer Box Plans, then Wicked One. It's a 4th order type enclosure.

Spec sheet for two Rockford Fosgate RF108's (in a WO):

SIZE A - 36" x 36" x 13.5" Red
SIZE B - 24" x 36" x 13.5" Blue

Because of space (I actually use the trunk) I may switch to Decware's Death Box DBK-212. It's also a fourth order design, but is much smaller at 14x14x32

Woo hoo!! I found the page on cardomain of Cavy + Wicked One. The guy (35hertz on CarDomain) loaded 4 JL 10W0's Isobaric into the box.

His review of un-tuned WO in 04 Cav Coupe

Quote:

...The sound coming from the horn was amazing. Everything sounded like it was made for this box....Started to play some rap music, holy [s***] what happended the subs output dramaticly increased and I [sh@*] my pants. The system pounds like a mother [fur] now.

I tossed in some bass testing cd and I was shocked. It hits so much harder right now.

However I am only putting 125 RMS into each of the 4 subs.

From his pics, it first looks as though it takes up the entire trunk front to back, but he's actually got it pushed all the way back (you can see a large portion of the spare tire cover down there, shouldn't see much at all - if any - when it's pushed forward)
If I have to carry crap, back seat!! haha.

Rather than using 4x10 or even 2x10, I'll be using the 2x12 design (two inches taller than his ^ box, all other dimensions are the same), and loading Alpines. Still undecided between Type-S or Type-R, but leaning towards Type-S to keep the price down.

Does anybody have experience w/ Wicked One? I don't really wanna go by all the hype found on Decware's forums, since it could be biased. Any/all help would be appreciated. I may build that 10" version above and load my old Pioneer subs into it (seeing as they have been sitting in my workshop forever), see how it does, and if it's good, I'll build the 12" version for Alpines

Re: Decware Wicked One sub box
Monday, April 11, 2005 8:21 AM
if i remember right its a hard box to build. meaning that it reqires exact angles air space and dimensions. ive wanted to build one for my bed frame like a guy did on termpro, but im moving out in july so whats the point. try teh termpro forums and teh decware's forums they will help you more than i can. oh yeah and if ya do it good luck man!!!!

Re: Decware Wicked One sub box
Monday, April 11, 2005 8:32 AM
I looked extensively into building that box but if you have a high excursion sub it will beat the hell out of it. Plus as rapfiend03 said the box has to be exact to the millimeter and perfect on the angles to get the full use out of it. I have a brahma and called them to check and see if it would work out in a death box they suggested that i chose another sub to put in it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search