My sunfire system - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
My sunfire system
Friday, September 23, 2005 8:39 PM
Some of you wanted to see my cd player after it was installed and ill got some more pics to
Entire system ready to install:

Kicker KS60 6" for the doors, Sony Explod 6x9s for the rear deck, Dual HU, Alpine Type-E subs and not pic is my pyramind amp witch will be gone soon and replaced.

My cd player installed:

At night:

Custom Made ported box (thanks Puggsley456)
Inside:

98% done:

Wish i had pics of my 6" and 6x9s but i didn't get any. i will soon tho.

Re: My sunfire system
Friday, September 23, 2005 9:06 PM
Looks cool for a first install

What headunit is that? looks a LOT like the sonys...
Saturday, September 24, 2005 2:01 PM
dual and sony and pyramid..... i feel sooo bad for the kicker and alpine stuff to have to be in there with that junk and your sub box has a lazy eye

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

i had lots of toys when i was young.slinky,etc.but once i found my penis,that was all she wrote
Saturday, September 24, 2005 6:07 PM
Hate to tell u but the kickers sound worse then the sonys im returnin them for some better ones...
Sunday, September 25, 2005 12:21 AM
That's because your headunit is not giving them enough power. Get a small 4 channel amp and you will see a world of difference.

-Chris
Sunday, September 25, 2005 8:05 AM
OR just get a good set of alpine components and a 2 channel amp and tune the @!#$ out of your system.......and run em off a real head uit

i had lots of toys when i was young.slinky,etc.but once i found my penis,that was all she wrote
Sunday, September 25, 2005 10:04 AM
or ditch the worst headunit you can possibly buy. duel is the worst brand out there. i sell those at bestbuy and i have never seen that exact headunit come back so many times. i ahve seen then come back in a week because they ahve already broke.

Sunday, September 25, 2005 10:29 AM
well since i've had mine for 4 or more weeks now and never had a problem must be because ppl dont know how to take care of stuff
Monday, September 26, 2005 3:40 PM
or its just luck that its lasted, and he didnt say ALL of them break in a week, sorry that i dont know as much about high quality audio as you do as i install and sell it and all... sorry were just trying to be helpfull in saying that if u want good, high quality sound thats going to last, your traveling down the wrong road

Monday, September 26, 2005 11:39 PM
simply put in a nice way, its like letting a blind guy drive a porsche on the autobahn. I have a sony headunit and as many features as sony was so nice to cram in this paperweight i still have problems tuning my system, your really only hurting yourself with a cheap head unit, my g/fs car has a pioneer but a lowerend model and the adjustability just isnt there the way her system is currently setup, i've spent awhile trying to get everything nice and balanced but its just frustrating, my sony at least has more options than her head unit but still kind of a pain to deal with, save up and stick a nice alpine in your dash, you'll never look back.

J~
Tuesday, September 27, 2005 9:34 AM
another person recomending Alpine.. I hear shape you! lol. but seriously dude, were not just trying to be hard asses and jerks here... WE KNOW WHAT WERE SAYING! a good head unit will make a world of difference and a crappy one like that dual will just give you a lifetime of headaches

Tuesday, September 27, 2005 11:00 AM
alright i know Dual might be a bad headunit and such. I liked it and i wanted to give it a try. Plus i like using stuff no one else has and goin for the under dog. I want a HU that folded down like that and i couldn't find another one that did that for some reason.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search