HVAC panel wont light up - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HVAC panel wont light up
Monday, December 05, 2005 1:51 PM
after installing my expensive dual cd player I noticed that my HVAC panel would no longer light up red. this concerned me so I put the stock cd player back in and it wouldnt light up still. I checked every fuse in the fuse box and no were blown so im wondering what wires i needed to look at on the hvac panel to see if there getting juice or not any ideas or does any one have a similar problem

"What the fawk are you talking about? That was the most
incoherent, retarded, off the subject post EVER!"
-Anti-Post Whore (Lurch)

Re: HVAC panel wont light up
Monday, December 05, 2005 2:50 PM
did you cut any wires? i don't think the hvac panel and stereo share ANY wires at all...

GO PATS!!!
Monday, December 05, 2005 3:36 PM
RedlineFIRE wrote:expensive dual

Wow, two words that definitely don't belong in the same sentence.

Could be that your bulb burned out and it just so happened the occur at the same time.

-Chris
Monday, December 05, 2005 4:11 PM
i was kidding about the expensive dual cdplayer i got it at bestbuy for like 70 bucks thank you employee discount.

what bulbs would it take?

-Anti-Post Whore (Lurch)
Monday, December 05, 2005 5:10 PM
i dont know when i bought my new cav they ddint work either waiting to do the stereo so i can put new bulbs n all that @!#$ all at once

Monday, December 05, 2005 5:33 PM
Mine quit working whenever we pulled out my CD player to plug in the amp wire. But every now and then, they decide to work...like once every month or two. I can't figure it out, either.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 12:20 AM
ya so i guess im not the only one with trouble i just wish someone had the solution

-Anti-Post Whore (Lurch)
Tuesday, December 06, 2005 5:49 AM
Mine did the same thing,no blown fuses,no wire's cut, almost a year since the dash had been removed. Then one day they just quit. $20-one used hvac panel, 20 mins. later got light's again. Not sure why they quit working. But the reason why I re-placed it was the button to turn on the compressor had quit.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 7:15 AM
Anyone check the Relays?

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 7:30 AM
I've checked everything....I'm totally puzzled.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005 7:41 AM
ive checked the fuses where might the relays be?

-Anti-Post Whore (Lurch)

Thursday, December 08, 2005 2:28 PM
yea where r relays.. and would the relay only be for the bulbs? everything works perfect jus no lights

Thursday, December 08, 2005 2:34 PM
You've probably just burned out your bulbs (happens sometimes in our HVACS)

All you gotta do is take the HVAC face off (requires removal of the front dash bezel) and replace the bulbs with Type74s, available at your local car parts place. They just twist right out and back in. Needle Nose Pliers helps!

You could also use your choice of colored LEDS.

Hope I have helped. Email me with any questions.

Steve
Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:30 PM
You ground out the gray wire by mistake? My buddy did that and the same thing happened.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:40 PM
so if i tested the blubs with a multimeter and they were getting power i should try throwing in some blubs.

lenko is the gray wire in the radio wiring harness? because i think its tied up by itself and no it isnt grounded

-Anti-Post Whore (Lurch)
Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:46 PM
Yeah, there's two illumination wires in the dash harness. If you used the wrong one, those HVAC lights won't work. I've seen it before, because I did in back in 2000 when I first swapped out my stock radio.

I can't remember what harness it is... maybe Metra or Scosche... that is marked or pinned wrong, and indicates the wrong illumination wire. I'll have to look at my notes.

Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:50 PM
ya i got the harnass from bestbuy and theres one wire that was left over i bet thats the problem because why would both blubs go at the same time? i think lenko you nailed it and i believe it was a scosche dollar wiring harnass thank you employee discount too bad i wont be able to fix it until next week.

-Anti-Post Whore (Lurch)
Friday, December 09, 2005 12:03 PM
well my stock radio was still in mine.. but i ust realized im blowing my cluster fuse because im an idiot and i forgot to tape the end of the illumination wire when i installed my pioneer so im sure its grounding out blowing that.. i tried yanking the bulbs out of hvac and i cant get them to come out even with pliers. how many of them is there? im ripping the dash apart this time (god i love doing that) just to tape the end of the wire that keeps grounding so im gonna try to yank the hvac bulbs again see if i can get them to come out this time hopefully its just bulbs

Friday, December 09, 2005 1:22 PM
well went to the parts store got some "74" bulbs plugged um in all is good had to break one to get it out there a pita to get out but it all worked out

Friday, December 09, 2005 5:45 PM
Hmmmmmmm........I also have a Pioneer CD player w/a illumunation option that isn't hooked up.....hmmm....maybe that's why mine lights up one day and won't the next?!?! It didn't light up tonight.

Friday, December 09, 2005 8:44 PM
lol.. maybe so i dont know i had my stock deck in and my bulbs were gone i guess if i were u id make sure the ends of the 2 illumination wires r cut and arent able to ground out

Saturday, December 10, 2005 1:05 PM
k, I'll def. check into that! Thanks!

Saturday, December 10, 2005 1:06 PM
I have no idea whats up because when I put the stock radio back in it sitll wont light up

-Anti-Post Whore (Lurch)
Saturday, December 10, 2005 3:27 PM
^^^^^ have u tried to change the bulbs????????

Saturday, December 10, 2005 5:25 PM
not yet thats what i think i have it narrowed down too

im in college and my car is at home far far away

-Anti-Post Whore (Lurch)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search