Whine Through Speakers... Need Help ASAP - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Whine Through Speakers... Need Help ASAP
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:49 PM
I am hearing this whine through my speakers equivalent to rpms, higher rpm equlas higher pitch, at first I would have thought my alternator but if I go over bumps it sometimes goes away or even goes away on its own.. I am also getting feeback and crackling through my speakers... any ideas guys?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Re: Whine Through Speakers... Need Help ASAP
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:51 PM
lots of causes...main cause i think is the RCA's being run right next to the power wire coming from the battery...

GO PATS!!!
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 2:55 PM
Could also be an improperly cleaned ground as well.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 4:35 PM
Lanman31337 wrote:Could also be an improperly cleaned ground as well.

I have an exterior ground on the back of the frame, I thought this as well but havent looked at it yet... it may be corroded or rusty and just needs to be cleaned...

The Redneck wrote:lots of causes...main cause i think is the RCA's being run right next to the power wire coming from the battery...

this JUST started after 19 months of working fine...

and my rca's are on the opposite side of the car...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 4:41 PM
What kind of RCA's do you have?

RE Audio
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 5:02 PM
Lash wrote:What kind of RCA's do you have?

like 90 dollar stingers... all 3 pairs were like 80 bucks a piece...

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 5:55 PM
Cheap RCA's will definitely whine. Those are some pretty expensive RCA's you got there too. You said your ground is exterior? How long is it brother?

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 6:04 PM
I'd suggest making your ground wire shorter and better. I usually ground my amps with no longer than 3 ft. of good quality ground wire. My current setup uses like 1.5 ft. of ground wire... yeah, im efficient.

==================

"An okay movie is the same as an ex girlfriend...it was good at the time,
but you never want to see it again... especially if the movie was a bitch."
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 6:09 PM
ground wire runs out the bottom of my spare tire well and 2 feet to my frame, it is 0/1 gauge stinger wire... this was over $4000 dollars of equipment..... it was ripped out the night I got it back by the 4 guys with guns and I never put it back together when I got the stuff back just through it in there, and sicne then its been working great until now, I havent had a chance to run through anything yet I just wanted soem direction

thanks so much so far..!!

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 6:13 PM
Yeah...start from the ground and go from there. Try to move it around and se what happens. Otherwise...look for spots on the RCA's that might show some wear through the jacket.

RE Audio
Wednesday, February 15, 2006 6:17 PM
yea the only other thing i can think of is the rca's got cut or the sleeve got peeled back some...i hate electrical/wire/sound problems.

GO PATS!!!

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 6:24 PM
so it is def. something with the ground or rca's? thanks guys I will start there...

I was thinking alternator but I guess not... I will check tomorrow...

anyone else?

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 7:57 PM
the ground is pretty rusty I quickly checked that

tomorrow it will be decent out so i can take the sub out and stuff and check the amps.. that have since fallen through the rack LOL

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, February 16, 2006 9:05 AM
check your grounds first 90% of the time its the grounding that is the issue. and remember to check all your audio grounds not just at the amp. could be at the battery or at your head unit or at any other electrical item related to audio.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, February 16, 2006 9:07 AM
sndsgood wrote:check your grounds first 90% of the time its the grounding that is the issue. and remember to check all your audio grounds not just at the amp. could be at the battery or at your head unit or at any other electrical item related to audio.

well I know of 2 audio grounds the one for my headunit which we never hooked up because it always played anyway and then the one for my system....

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Thursday, February 16, 2006 9:11 AM
Sometimes you need a separate ground for your headunit - the stock one just isn't good enough for aftermarket stuff.

Thursday, February 16, 2006 9:12 AM
what about the ground from your battery to the body of the car? theres 3

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Thursday, February 16, 2006 3:49 PM
sndsgood wrote:what about the ground from your battery to the body of the car? theres 3

the negati9ve cable runs to the body i believe I have it relocated

90% of the noise is gone I tore everything out and check all the connections and all are tight so I am assuming I need to clean the grounds

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Friday, February 17, 2006 7:37 AM
Apply a layer of copper based anti seize to the connection before you tighten the bolts. You can then wipe the excess away and paint if you want. It will conduct electricity and prevent corrosion. It's also good for battery connections. We go through this stuff by the gallons at work. It's used on all of our high current connections (some > 100k amps) where corrosion can cause a high resistance connection that will literally blow itself apart.

Loctite make a stick for about $5 and a 1/4 lb can of paste for about $10. We use Kopr Kote ,but I think the smallest container they sell is a half gallon.
Monday, February 20, 2006 10:55 PM
thanks

LE61T PTE6262 Powered

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search