I broke a 150!! yay - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I broke a 150!! yay
Thursday, September 20, 2007 1:29 AM
Thats right I finally broke the 150 lol, I hit 150.8 and with just stock charging system, one run of 0awg, an american bass 100.1, and a wall with two 15" kicker L7's woohoo! tuned for daily at that lol

Of course that was on an old mic not TL........but still I broke 150 lol

150.8 lol

Re: I broke a 150!! yay
Thursday, September 20, 2007 4:50 AM
congrats!

1997 RedR - ZedR
Thursday, September 20, 2007 8:45 AM
Loud as hell..

Thursday, September 20, 2007 2:13 PM
but an old mic do you mean a cheapy one, or one that people in the audio world would actualy recognize? which mic was it?

congrats either way, btw.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:not funny... i just can't find that funny... not with 2 copies of the Candyland board game on your shelf.

Friday, September 21, 2007 7:51 PM
^^ old mic usually refers to the older audiocontrol mics.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Offical dealer for the following-

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Friday, September 21, 2007 8:27 PM
wysiwyg wrote:^^ old mic usually refers to the older audiocontrol mics.

USUALY, but people not specifying things like that make me wonder if it was some cheap Radio Shack mic they had in a box of junk computer parts in the back of their closet for the last 5 years lol.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:not funny... i just can't find that funny... not with 2 copies of the Candyland board game on your shelf.

Friday, September 21, 2007 9:06 PM
Im sorry guys lol I just figured you would know what mic I was talking about, since I have been posting alot of stereo comp stuff, anyways it was the mic that looked like an actual microphone, I think the IASCA style, where when your numbers come up on the display it is a box with dials below the display and the display is red, The TL is a little black box mic, that wast it lol

again sorry for not clearing that up when I first posted lol

Monday, September 24, 2007 10:03 AM
That sounds just like the AC mic, it reads a few DB's lower than the TL. Where did they meter it? Were you sealed up?

Monday, September 24, 2007 2:08 PM
depending on if its the ac 180 or not it can be as much as 8-10 dbs higher than the tl. it all depends on when it was calibrated last. also the K factor can be tweaked so bad on that thing. not saying that was done here but its easily quite possible.
Tuesday, September 25, 2007 6:14 PM
megatron wrote:Thats right I finally broke the 150 lol, I hit 150.8 and with just stock charging system, one run of 0awg, an american bass 100.1, and a wall with two 15" kicker L7's woohoo! tuned for daily at that lol

You need some 10W7's! I hit 149.8db with 2 10W7's in the trunk 3 years ago on an AudioControl mic on 1,000watts. Not tryin to burst your bubble but 2 15's and only 1 db more isn't worth a wall in my opinion.

Hell, I need to mic my 2 12W7's tomorrow at work. Been a long time since I mic'd my own car.

Of course that was on an old mic not TL........but still I broke 150 lol

150.8 lol

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 4:23 AM
weak, thats nothing, i was cleaning my car at this show a few weeks back and this cool kid was telling me how they hit 247 on their radio shack spl meter and how it will beat everyone, it also had a suprra twin turbo motor so you guys might as well give up. he said he would have had it at the show but he didnt have time to pick it up.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 8:49 AM
You're just jealous because i'm a husky guy and my belly adds db's.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 9:33 AM
^^^ that and you have a hoof in your sig lol

well I got rid of the 2 15" L7's and now have three 10" L7's lol I will post some pics later today and hopefully a vid if it works lol, I need a bigger amp now cause the I have just doesnt do it enough....

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 10:03 AM
The hoof doesn't add db, it actually takes some away. What coil config are the 10's? You're going to be running a goofy ohms load if they're all the same coil config.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 11:34 AM
they are dual 4 ohm that is a final load of 2.6 ohms , not so goofy lol

here are some pics and a video with no sound lol

and then a video WARNING not the greatest quality and also no sound

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 11:40 AM
2.6 isn't so good brother. You won't get the full from a 2 ohm mono amp, and you can't run a 4 ohm mono. What coils are they, dual 4 for each of them?

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 12:56 PM
yeah man they are dual 4 ohm each, the amp I have does 1000 @ 4ohms and just over 1400 @2ohms

Why is 2.6 not good? help is always appreciated

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 2:43 PM
have you sealed up your rear deck and the side panels under your window? do that and then seal the box to the opening and you might gain another db or two.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, September 26, 2007 3:39 PM
no because I am always changing equiptment so I dont want to do anything that will prevent alot of work to remove, remember I had a wall last week lol you cant even tell that there was one there now, but when I do decide on what I am gonna stay with then it will be all sealed nice and tight!

Tight like a tiger lmao

The outside of my door panels flex HUGE so I might be adding some extra dynamat on the inside of the panel

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 4:01 PM
Great choice going with the 3 10's.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007 5:19 PM
2.6...after impendance rise it'll be higher.

look for something that will give you the power you need at 4ohm mono...good luck, lol

--------------------------------------------------------------
Offical dealer for the following-

SOUNDSTREAM
DB LINK
DB DRIVE
PANASONIC
GARMIN
ROSEN
SCOSCHE
XE DESIGNS
SOUNDGATE
PAC
LITEGLOW

Thursday, September 27, 2007 4:53 AM
even if u chance ever week still shouldnt hurt u to seal up the sides and rear deck atleat, that will get rid of the majority of cancelation and reflextion.

Friday, September 28, 2007 12:19 PM
Dude, don't even get me started on cancellation. I'm ready for a new build too. I'll give you a hint guys - even if you fire the port backwards, if your box eats up most of your trunk and then some, you're going to get some cancellation. And when I say some I mean 5 or 6 db on my wang-o-meter.

Friday, September 28, 2007 1:44 PM
how would I go about making it tuned lower then it is now without destroying or building a new box

Friday, September 28, 2007 8:04 PM
Lanman31337 - Cavfire wrote:Dude, don't even get me started on cancellation. I'm ready for a new build too. I'll give you a hint guys - even if you fire the port backwards, if your box eats up most of your trunk and then some, you're going to get some cancellation. And when I say some I mean 5 or 6 db on my wang-o-meter.

thats why ive always prefered to shoot them forward and seal them off. it basically puts the speaker on the back plane. now all i have to do is get rid of the reflections from the front end of the car lol.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search