How to wire trunk release with keyless entry - 2003 Cavalier - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How to wire trunk release with keyless entry - 2003 Cavalier
Thursday, March 06, 2008 12:26 AM
I have an aftermarket keyless entry in my car. When I press the "AUX" button on the remote, a negative current is sent out. How do I go about wiring that to my trunk release?

My car is a 2003 Cavy, and it has a factory electric trunk release. I have access to the 2 wires going into the switch. One is negative, and one is positive. I read online that I would have to use a relay to convert the negative signal to positive. Is that true?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Brett

Re: How to wire trunk release with keyless entry - 2003 Cavalier
Thursday, March 06, 2008 5:23 AM
I just did this Take the switch out of the dash for the trunk, there will be a clip on each side of the pushbutton on the other side.. it was really hard to take out but it is one of the only ways.. Then just splice into the negative wire with the aux wire. and your done

http://www.jbodytuner.com
^^ The real jbody store and forums!!!!!
Thursday, March 06, 2008 7:09 AM
So Derric, you didn't have to use a relay? You just put the aux wire directly to the negative wire? The negative wire is the black wire, right?

Also, how on earth did you get the switch out? I tried, but maybe I have fat hands or something.

Thanks for the reply.

Brett
Thursday, March 06, 2008 7:24 AM
i was lazy and didnt want to take the switch out so i found the wire in the kick panel and used a relay

87 - 12 volts
85 - 12volts
86 - aux wire from alarm
30 - trunk pop wire in kick

works great never had problems
Thursday, March 06, 2008 8:03 AM
You dont need a relay but ok. and use a small flat head on one side from the fuse box area. Then half of the thing should come out, I just then went up from the bottom with the screw driver and got the other side.

Thursday, March 06, 2008 8:11 AM
So just to be sure, you didn't use a relay, and you just put "aux" wire directly to the black wire coming out of the switch?

Brett
Thursday, March 06, 2008 4:27 PM
if the aux output on the keyless unit is a negative trigger when activated then you can simply just hook that wire to the black/white wire at the switch or at the bcm, blue plug, pin B4

01' Z24 5 speed
422whp/400wtq
T4 Turbocharged
Built LD9
HP Tuners
Thursday, March 06, 2008 6:58 PM
^^^ What he said. Glad I could help.

Thursday, March 06, 2008 7:15 PM
like i said i was lazy.....
Friday, March 07, 2008 9:15 AM
Thanks a lot guys. I was able to get it working by just connecting the "aux" wire to the black/white wire. It still doesn't make sense, because I thought the black/white wire is positive, and aux is negative. Whatever, I don't care, it works.

Thanks again for the help!!!

Brett
Friday, March 07, 2008 10:53 AM
Negative at the switch postive after the bcm (i think)

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 9:36 PM
^ Yup.

The 02+ switch is low power... just a ground signal to the BCM, which feeds the trunk release. So if you have a signal from the alarm module, you can feed it to the BCM via the stock switch. Did it to my car, no relay needed.

If your car doesn't have that trunk pop button... then you need a relay.

Monday, January 19, 2009 2:18 PM
I'm trying to do set up a remote trunk release like explained above but ran into a little problem. The aux wire coming from the alarm module goes into a Directed electornics 1700G module ( I believe this is the bypass needed for the remote start feature.) Not sure where to go from here....any help would be appreciated!
Saturday, February 27, 2010 3:26 PM
i was wonderin, on a release button from a 03 sunfire can i make it work on my 2000 cavalier trunk?, the car has a remote feature but i do not have a remote, i did the 03 sunfire dash swap and want to make this work, does anyone have a diagram for me to follow?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search