RKSport Speaker Enclosure - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
RKSport Speaker Enclosure
Thursday, March 06, 2008 5:26 AM
I just bought the RKSport fiberglass speaker enclosure and would like some input. Anyone have any good/bad experiences? I'm looking at putting in 4-Memphis 12s, 2-Memphis 5 1/2 components and 2-1000 watt Memphis amps. I just don't want to sacrifice sound for appearance!

Now With More Carbon Fiber!

Re: RKSport Speaker Enclosure
Thursday, March 06, 2008 5:34 AM
You need to build a box behind it.

Thursday, March 06, 2008 5:37 AM
To give it a better sound? Or necessary to install?

Thursday, March 06, 2008 10:01 AM
To install just about any speaker, unless they're an infinite baffle, which I doubt those memphis are. If not it's going to sound like crap.

Thursday, March 06, 2008 11:58 AM
Yeah the RK enclosure is more of a cover than an actual box

Thursday, March 06, 2008 1:52 PM
even infinate baffle wouldn't work in that application.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Friday, March 07, 2008 6:07 AM
Just got it today. Not very well advertised. Though it would be more of a drop-in application. Oh well, box building is fun...

Friday, March 07, 2008 8:43 PM
Nice choice of Subs, but what 12's are you going to run? What amps are you running? I assume you are either just have the box for show or you are running the PR's or Mclass subs. The M1's and MOJO's you are going to have to do alot of modding to the enclosure like glassing and braces everywhere. The MOJO's would tear that fiberglass box to shreds

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 6:38 PM
Im running 2- PR Class D Memphis Amps (Mojo would be nice, but $$$ is ridiculous!) and 4- PR12D4 Subs. I also have the big 3 finished now and am still considering a cap. The box is just for show, but I would really love to save the sound I have from my box now.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 7:57 PM
Your running 2-PR1000d's? Are you going to run 0 gauge or 2, 4 guage kits?? What head unit are you running? You will definitely want that box sealed as tight as possible then. The 1000d is pretty powerful for those 12's. I wouldnt worry about a cap and save your money I would get the bass 2.2 and get a kinetic battery for the back. if you are set on getting a cap though i may have a memphis digital cap that i should get rid of.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 12:44 PM
Right now Im running a 2 gauge kit with an Eclipse AVN5510 Head Unit. The box i have now is relatively small, but the PR1000 pumps a huge sound through them. What do you mean by "get the bass 2.2"? And as far as a cap, Im not sure if I need one yet. I'll try a yellow top first, as I am adding a PS2 and a couple more monitors next week.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008 5:02 PM
I would probably recommend sticking with a matching yellow top in the back then. As far as the 2.2 Its a new item from memphis pretty much taking the place of the line driver. You can adjust the speaker level output to 5,7, or 10 volts. which will really help out with that eclipse head unit. You can also adjust the frequecy for which you have your box tuned to. It has a gain level knob and Unlike the line driver you dont need a bridging module but you will need to use a universal bass gain for the amps. Take a look on the Memphis website www.memphiscaraudio.com. If you want to see a picture of one installed I will try to take a pic of my gf's car setup.

Thursday, March 13, 2008 6:11 AM
Thanks! I really appreciate your help with all this.

Thursday, March 13, 2008 2:52 PM
Np I know the rk sport enclosure was a pretty penny I never got one for mine it looked like too much work. I work on other peoples cars everyday and when I get home i barely even want to work on mine.
Are you going to paint the enclosure?

Thursday, March 13, 2008 7:54 PM
I hear ya! I'm painting my enclosure to match my interior. It's just the stock exterior red color, but everything matches.

Nevermind the old Valor headunit!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search