Installing remote start with existing keyless entry/alarm - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Installing remote start with existing keyless entry/alarm
Monday, January 26, 2009 5:41 PM
97 sunfire has had an aftermarket alarm or at least keyless entry and power door locks installed on it one time or another. It did have a light on the dash that never worked and was removed, it never came with remotes of anykind and theres not even a plastic case over the alarm or whatever it is anymore, just circuit board and wires!
I happen to have a new in box remote starter/keyless entry and im wondering how hard this will be to remove the existing system and add this one or exactly what to do here. the drivers door lock apparently needs a new solenoid as it doesnt work anymore and cannot lock/unlock with the key either.

Re: Installing remote start with existing keyless entry/alarm
Monday, January 26, 2009 11:51 PM
You will still need to find the other ignition and accessory wires... Plus the brake and tach wires. The old system SHOULD show you the
-12 volt
-ignition
-starter
-parking lights
-lock & unlock

If you never done it before i would say take it to a shop....labor shouldnt be more than 150 and they should have it done in about 2 hours or less... IF you do decide to try this make sure you use a meter and good tape.... take your time cuz the first install is gonna take a while...lol. BTW you might need a bypass...im not 100% sure on this tho...
Tuesday, January 27, 2009 5:44 AM
You're also going to need a bypass module, a PLJX for our cars. Also might need a relay for the brown wire, which I think is ignition or accessory, I haven't done one in a bit.

I've got a 97 Sunfire to do next week for a remote start, they're a piece of cake, if you know what you're doing.

Constant 12V+ Red Ignition Switch Harness
Starter Yellow Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition Pink Ignition Switch Harness
Ignition 2 White Must Use for Remote Start
Accessory Orange Ignition Switch Harness
Tach White Coil
Brake Switch White Brake Switch
Trunk Release Black/White (+) Keyless Module in Trunk
Trunk Pin Black (+) Trunk LID Switch
Parking Lights Brown Driver's Kick Panel Main Harness
Head Lamp Blue (low) Pink (High) Head Light Switch
Door Trigger Dark Blue (-) L Driver's Kick, Light Blue (-) R Passenger's Kick Isolate
Door Lock Light Blue Driver's Kick Panel Reverse Polarity
Door Unlock White Passenger's Switch is Master Switch
Horn Wire Black (-) Steering Column
Windows Up LF=Dark Blue, RF=Light Blue, LR=Dark Green, RR=Light Green
Windows Down LF=Brown, RF=Tan, LR=Purple, RR=Purple

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 6:42 AM
haha. 150 for labor. shops around here charge 300- 500 bucks just for install depending on your options. i opted to do it myself. its cake.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search