System - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
System
Sunday, October 03, 2010 9:12 AM
Right now im running 2 kicker cvs 12" speakers and a kicker amp, and the rear deck infinity reference 6x9 and pioneer in the front.. The small 4x6 speakers... I wanna dump the 4x6 as,i just got two q-logic kick panels.. I wanna switch from 6x9 in the rear deck to 6.5 componets as I was told they would sound much clearer.. And I wanna loose the subs and get something new... Im looking for something loud and clear... Wasnt sure to go with two 12, or 10" or one 15"..

Re: System
Sunday, October 03, 2010 10:39 AM
It's going to come down to your budget and taste in sound. Do you like things bass heavy, well rounded, sharp and piercing, smooth and silky?!? I mean there are a ton of factors in deciding which components to put into your car's stereo system and how to tune them. So as far as what subs, how big, how many, and how much power to them, I can't really say... I don't know ANYTHING about your taste or budget.

BUT, as for a general idea on what you could do... if you want to start fresh, go ahead and sell off all 4 of your coaxials, spend a good chunk on some kick ass 6.5" components for up front, leave the rears out, focus your budget on amps, the right head unit, and subs/speakers.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

"You really need to staple your face shut"-THE Joey Baggs.
Sunday, October 03, 2010 10:42 AM
a good quality sound system with a pair of subs will cost you at least 1 grand...
Sunday, October 03, 2010 12:17 PM
Right now I have a bull@!#$ head unit it has nice features but im sure its not helping my sound any its a valor single din 7" touchscreen... I think the model is 703w and as far as sound im looking for that sharp piercing sound. Any suggestions
Sunday, October 03, 2010 2:37 PM
Andrey B wrote:a good quality sound system with a pair of subs will cost you at least 1 grand...

wtf did you help by just tossing that in there?

Sunday, October 03, 2010 6:01 PM
Lol so what u think jlaudio?
Sunday, October 03, 2010 6:46 PM
Andrey B wrote:a good quality sound system with a pair of subs will cost you at least 1 grand...

I have under a grand in mine. Gotta know where to shop homeboy.

Sunday, October 03, 2010 9:04 PM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:BUT, as for a general idea on what you could do... if you want to start fresh, go ahead and sell off all 4 of your coaxials, spend a good chunk on some kick ass 6.5" components for up front, leave the rears out, focus your budget on amps, the right head unit, and subs/speakers.

This is definitely the way to go, I regret not going this route in the first place. Now that I have this sort of setup I will never go back. Some sites I recomend you to browse around would be Crutchfield and Woofers Etc. Best of luck!

Dave

Sunday, October 03, 2010 11:17 PM
Any ideas on brands for that loud sharp sound
Monday, October 04, 2010 8:31 AM
What's the budget? If it can be done, I have some rainbow recommendations for ya .

Monday, October 04, 2010 8:44 AM
What model rainbows I was just looking at a pair of those online for like three and some change.. I can use those in yhe q-logic panels I picked up?

Monday, October 04, 2010 9:14 AM

This added nothing to help and I wish I only could spend a grand to get my system finished..

But Dustin is right,You need to set you budget to figure out what you can get...

Build your system don't rush it,Go to shops and listen to different speakers,Ever ones ear is different.And a good shop should be happy to let you listen to cars they build there..

And the Q-logic panels are ok,but should be reinforced because they are flimsy..You can get great sound out of a door speaker just spend time to use sound deadening material on the doors,and use Medix when building your plate to hold the door speaker..

And 1 single sub can sound as good as 2 subs,As long as you build your box right and have good power to it..
Monday, October 04, 2010 10:32 AM
I got the q logic panels reinforced already.. I thibk there made to fit five and a quarters
Monday, October 04, 2010 11:02 AM
Am I gonna find good speakers for those panels or do I got to try to find a way to puy bigger speakers in?
Monday, October 04, 2010 11:23 AM
In all honesty, with the right sub, u can get away with 5.25's fine. Install and tuning are going to be ur biggest factors. Always. Just try not to cheap out where it counts. Sound dampening does wonders, solid mounting is a necesity, and your head unit is the source of everything.

If u do end up wanting to look into rainbow, let me know. My dealer will hjave better prices than somewhere online and have full factory warranty.

Monday, October 04, 2010 11:28 AM
I can say that my kick panels did not have near the response as with the speakers as the door. But I did find out that some Polyfill or something of the like will help a lot.

Dustins dealer is a great guy too!

Monday, October 04, 2010 2:12 PM
So for high end audio rainbow is the way to go... Now what should I do first get 6.5's for the doors or 5 n a quarters for the q-logic panels.. What kind of amp should I try to pair it with?
Monday, October 04, 2010 2:42 PM
Youll get better imaging in one place or the other. My Rainbows are seeing about 100 watts a piece and the get loud as hell and they stay clean. The only issue I had is the door fitment for the 6.5s. I had to cut out the door metal with my 1/2 inch baffles but you might be able to get by with a 3/4 inch baffle.

Set the HPF to about 60hz and they sound wonderful. I had them down to 50hz but they liked to bottom out when I got the volume near the top of the range on my head unit.

Overall theyre amazing speakers. Even though I got a freak box of speakers that had some different crossovers. Dustins dealer guy helped me out and got me the right ones in like two days.

Monday, October 04, 2010 2:52 PM
Kool thx what u end up spending on those if u dont mind my asking... N did u run them off a amp?
Monday, October 04, 2010 3:04 PM
I spent $260 on mine. I was quoted for $250 for an SLC set but apparently they were on back order so I got the SACs for $10 more. And yes theyre running on a Sundown Audio SAX-50.4. It does 100 watts bridged.

Monday, October 04, 2010 4:46 PM
Ok thanks
So the sac 's are better then the slc's?

Monday, October 04, 2010 5:10 PM
From what I am told yes.

Monday, October 04, 2010 6:21 PM
Yes they are. different crossovers, slightly different mids and I think similar or same tweeters. They're over all better. SLC's can be had a hair cheaper than before now too I think. Not so sure. but normal price(when there isn't a shipping error like Sundown had), on the SAC's is around $300

Monday, October 04, 2010 10:01 PM
what kind of amp would u suggest for that
Monday, October 04, 2010 10:36 PM
the only other speakers i was looking at besides the rainbow were some focal's u think that rainbow makes a better speaker?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search