Inovatek GPS/Multimedia head unit - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Inovatek GPS/Multimedia head unit
Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:22 AM
Hello all, just wondering If anyone has ever had any run ins with an Inovatek INW7-GPS linked here. Basically its a single din motorized touchscreen unit, built in gps, multimedia player. running windows ce6. The key feature is that it runs off a microsd card, and has no disc tray. so you need to preload mp3s etc. However it also has usb host support, can hook into cell phones/ipods, or wifi... I dont know alot about it, but it seems somewhat ok, anyone know anything further?

Re: Inovatek GPS/Multimedia head unit
Tuesday, November 15, 2011 1:03 PM
All those features for that price makes me wonder just how good the quality could possibly be.

(tabs) wrote:
z yaaaa wrote:its not much fun trying to argue with a wall.
oh, trust us, we know

Tuesday, November 15, 2011 7:19 PM
Im sorta wishing i got, a http://www.mp3playerstore.com/catalog/GPS__BLUETOOTH__TOUCH_SCREEN/Innovatek_IN-777GPS_Car_DVD_Player.html and the external gps box..... My w7gps came in today, ill take some pics, gotta get the wiring harness for the car and mounting kit yet, so it wont go in until friday or so. If it works out ok, I may just resell it.
Tuesday, November 15, 2011 7:30 PM
So you asked for advice, didn't really get any advice other than it can't be of real high build quality with those features and price, and jumped up and purchased it 6 hours later? Why do people even bother asking "anyone got any input?" if they really mean "hey I'm about to buy this whether I get any input or not".??

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Wednesday, November 16, 2011 4:58 AM
for the price it would be cheap for a head unit, for the price it would be cheap as a dvd player. for the price it would be cheap for a navigation unit. all of those thigns for 200 bucks and you know some major corners had to be cut. notice it didnt tell you anything about the audio specs other then its 50x4. just to much stuff to be thrown in a quality unit.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, November 16, 2011 9:19 AM
JLAudioCavalier wrote:So you asked for advice, didn't really get any advice other than it can't be of real high build quality with those features and price, and jumped up and purchased it 6 hours later? Why do people even bother asking "anyone got any input?" if they really mean "hey I'm about to buy this whether I get any input or not".??

no actually I purchased it a week or so ago, as it came from Hong Kong (yea i know, im burrying myself here) and I was moreso wondering If anyone had used the company or heard of it, I understand its cheap, but cheap isnt always bad, ebay makes some interesting headers and such (i did not pluralize header stating our cars use two either, i pluralized it stating there are multiple brands and such without a name) Ill get some pics up later on today. If the thing works ok, maybe Ill throw it on the classifieds for like 150 towards the other unit, idk yet. The only thing aside not having a disc drive i dont like is the appearance of the unit when closed so far.
Thursday, November 17, 2011 2:48 PM
twizt3d wrote:
JLAudioCavalier wrote:So you asked for advice, didn't really get any advice other than it can't be of real high build quality with those features and price, and jumped up and purchased it 6 hours later? Why do people even bother asking "anyone got any input?" if they really mean "hey I'm about to buy this whether I get any input or not".??

no actually I purchased it a week or so ago, as it came from Hong Kong (yea i know, im burrying myself here) and I was moreso wondering If anyone had used the company or heard of it, I understand its cheap, but cheap isnt always bad, ebay makes some interesting headers and such (i did not pluralize header stating our cars use two either, i pluralized it stating there are multiple brands and such without a name) Ill get some pics up later on today. If the thing works ok, maybe Ill throw it on the classifieds for like 150 towards the other unit, idk yet. The only thing aside not having a disc drive i dont like is the appearance of the unit when closed so far.

Do they now?
Thursday, November 17, 2011 3:16 PM
arite enough with the flaming, I just got the unit installed, and it seems to function fine, ill get some pictures up tomorrow
Thursday, December 15, 2011 6:46 PM
So, can we get some sort of legal action on 12vcity? They are the ones with all the spam bots lately... like every single spam bot is linking their site. I'm not kidding, IS there a way to report them to anyone??

(tabs) wrote:
oh, trust us, we know

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search