Relocating Radio to trunk - Audio & Electronics Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Relocating Radio to trunk
Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:22 PM
So I have been forgetting about the headlights a lot more often since I did the radio swap and at the time I didn't think I would need the chime harness or whatever. Does anybody know how to wire a stock radio to the trunk? The search function doesn't wanna work on my iPhone 5s.

Re: Relocating Radio to trunk
Wednesday, January 15, 2014 1:21 PM
extend the wires between your adapter harness and your radio harness to reach to your desired location.
Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:10 PM
Would it be easier to buy that $50 harness others were talking about in your other thread? I'd rather do that then put a big deck in the trunk and extend wires. If I had more motivation, I'd almost try using a relay to turn on my headlights when the car is running, put a kill switch under the dash then headlights function like factory and when switch on, the lights come on when cars running. Would never have to use the use the headlight switch. lights would be on all the time which I usually turn mine on a lot of the time anyways, just with weather, rain, etc.... even if it is light out. Would be almost like having auto lights.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires
2005 Mazda 3 GS Auto- Wifes car
2006 Cobalt SS/SC - Intake, 2.5" Exhaust, GMPP Brakes, Solid Mounts, Ported S/C - Sold
1991 GMC Sierra - Lifted on 38.5" Swampers, Too much to list off. For Sale
Friday, February 07, 2014 8:52 AM
Rick wrote:Would it be easier to buy that $50 harness others were talking about in your other thread? I'd rather do that then put a big deck in the trunk and extend wires. If I had more motivation, I'd almost try using a relay to turn on my headlights when the car is running, put a kill switch under the dash then headlights function like factory and when switch on, the lights come on when cars running. Would never have to use the use the headlight switch. lights would be on all the time which I usually turn mine on a lot of the time anyways, just with weather, rain, etc.... even if it is light out. Would be almost like having auto lights.

thats a good idea! I'm going to try to wire the headlights into the ignition now so they turn on and off automatically. haha

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 6:36 AM
Yeah I might look at it too in the summer, dont feel like working on the car in the winter. Let me know if you do this and what wires you used and that. If I get around to it, I post something too.

2000 Cavalier Z24 5spd - Intake, Dynomax muffler, Hawk Pads, Powerslot rotors, Sportlines/Koni reds, Neon Coil, MSD 8.5 Wires
2005 Mazda 3 GS Auto- Wifes car
2006 Cobalt SS/SC - Intake, 2.5" Exhaust, GMPP Brakes, Solid Mounts, Ported S/C - Sold
1991 GMC Sierra - Lifted on 38.5" Swampers, Too much to list off. For Sale
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search